Patagonia’s Untamed Landscapes
Luxury Group Travel | 11 Days
- Insider access to Patagonia conservation projects with Rewilding Chile
- Walks in the superb scenery of remote, newly-minted national parks
- Wildlife-watching for guanacos, huemuls, pumas, and condors
- Private dinner at Casa Butler, the Tompkins’ home in Patagonia Park*
- Intimate lodges steeped in history and focused on sustainability
- Optional Patagonia trip extension to iconic Torres Del Paine National Park
Vast, wild, stark yet stunning—Chilean Patagonia captured our hearts decades ago and continues to beguile us today. Together with our friends at Rewilding Chile, an NGO founded by visionary pioneers Kris and the late Doug Tompkins, we’ve crafted an adventure that connects travelers to their groundbreaking work, restoring and sustaining extraordinary Patagonian ecosystems.
Journey to the snowcapped volcanoes and prolific birdlife of Los Lagos, temperate rain forests of Pumalín National Park, and reclaimed ranches, now wilderness habitat for huemuls and pumas at Patagonia National Park. Along the way you’ll get insider access to conservation projects, participate in rewilding, and meet the people working together with Rewilding Chile.
1 – 3
After a brief stopover in Santiago, fly to Puerto Montt on the shores of Lago Llanquihue in the Lakes District Stroll through old growth alerce trees, join field scientists for a day of wetlands rewilding, and savor fresh local cuisine.
Marvel at landscapes shaped by fire and ice at Chile’s oldest national park Visit an indigenous Huilliche community by special invitation, where the Lonko (chief) explains their traditions and connection to the land.
5 – 6
Travel overland to remote Pumalín Douglas Tompkins National Park, one of Chile’s largest and most biodiverse parks Explore exotic flora in the Valdivian rain forest, learning from rangers how camera traps are used for conservation of endangered species.
7 – 8
Fly by private charter to Patagonia National Park, which has been transformed from ranchland to wilderness Get special access to a wildlife rehabilitation center Share a locally sourced dinner with Rewilding Chile at the Tompkins’ private home in the park.*
9 – 10
Roam restored ecosystems watching for guanacos, vizcachas, and pumas Travel to the southern end of the park where huemul populations are surging in the revitalized lenga forests of the Chacabuco Valley.
Drive through spectacular scenery and fly to Santiago Those joining the extension depart by charter flight to Torres Del Paine.
*Private dinner at Casa Butler only included on the March 2023 departure.
Dates & Prices
03/03/23 – 03/14/23 Waitlist only; please call
11/03/23 – 11/14/23
Giving Back Group Trip: From $14,325 per person
based on double occupancy
Internal Charter & Commercial Air: From $3,650 per person
Tax-deductible donation to Rewilding Chile: $1,000 per person
- All accommodations
- Most meals
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader on the main trip, local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- House wine and beer at Awa Hotel and Explora Lodges
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Where Our Travel Experts are Going in 2023Read More
Where to See Big Cats in the WildRead More
Rewilding Patagonia: A Conversation with Kris TompkinsRead More
Where to Go in 2022: Our Expert PicksRead More
The Supreme Soak: Best Hotel Bathtubs Around the WorldRead More
Top Patagonia Hikes: Torres del Paine National ParkRead More