Inspired by her own love of travel, Jo Sanders launched Geographic Expeditions in 1982 (it was called InnerAsia back then). Many adventurous and bold women have traveled with us over the decades, some with family, friends, or partners, and many on their own. Travel is empowering, and we strive to make our all-women trips fun, comfortable, safe, and fascinating. We connect you with stellar female guides, out-of-the-ordinary destinations, and itineraries crafted with confidence-building adventure. GeoEx's women-only departures are designed to be enjoyed whether you're traveling solo or with friends, to experience the destination from a different perspective, meeting with local women and hearing their stories to get a deeper understanding of the place. They offer wonderful opportunities for camaraderie and meeting new friends to travel with.
- Explore images of Isis and Cleopatra, guided by a female Egyptologist, recounting ancient history as she travels with your all-women group.
- Safari on the Serengeti, based at a safari camp staffed entirely by women in Tanzania.
- Discuss Cuban art, gender, and politics over a dinner with one of Cuba's most highly sought-after young female contemporary artists.
- Ride bicycles through the Colombian countryside with a group of women guides who use their profits to buy bikes for rural children.
- Travel with other women on board a dedicated classic dahabeya, cruising the Nile and roaming the Valley of the Kings and Queens.