Chile North to South
Custom Travel | 11 Days
- Visit three regions: Patagonia, Lake District, and Atacama Desert
- Hiking, rafting, and bird-watching by day, elegant lodges by night
- Support conservation efforts of the Patagonia National Park Chile
- Handy extensions to Torres del Paine, Easter Island, and Chiloé Island
Long before poets like Alonso de Ercilla y Zuniga paid tribute to Chile, nature engaged in some inspired poetic license in creating this elegantly thin, magnificently varied land. This infinitely customizable, end-to-end journey introduces you to its many wonders, from the super-remote mountains of the Aysén region to the fertile farms, rushing rivers, and dense woodlands of the Lake District to the otherworldly Atacama Desert. You’ll be among the first to explore the conservation work at the Patagonia National Park Chile on awe-inspiring, guanaco-dotted hikes.
It was a pleasure to work with Jennine last summer to develop the details of our itinerary. I felt very comfortable asking a million questions and getting our trip planned just right. The itinerary pace and order of regions visited exceeded our expectations. Jennine demonstrated that she knows Chile very well.– ARTHUR T.
1 – 2
After a good look at Santiago, Chile’s thriving capital, fly to the remote Aysén Drive through mountains and past glacier-fed streams to Puerto Tranquillo, where you explore the Marble Caves by kayak.
3 – 5
Discover Patagonia National Park Chile on hikes through glaciated landscapes punctuated by waterfalls, alpine lakes, wildflowers, and birds, and learn about conservation with experts.
Fly to Puerto Montt and base your Lake District adventures from a sophisticated, riverside hacienda Hike a volcano or go biking, fishing, or rafting.
Excursions by foot, raft, and kayak reveal the Lake District's gorgeous patchwork of peaks and lakes that’s crisscrossed by farms, forest, German-flavored towns, and Mapuche settlements.
8 – 11
Wing your way to the lunar-like Atacama Desert to admire sprawling salt flats, 20,000-foot volcanoes, steaming geysers, and Aymara villages Return home via Santiago.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered November–March
From $13,200 per person (Custom Trip)
based on two travelers, double occupancy; please call for individually tailored recommendations and pricing
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites You May Never Have Heard OfRead More
Travel that TransformsRead More
Where to See Big Cats in the WildRead More
Where Our Travel Experts are Going in 2023Read More
Rewilding Patagonia: A Conversation with Kris TompkinsRead More
Where to Go in 2022: Our Expert PicksRead More