Myanmar Trips & Travel
Kipling once wrote of Burma, now officially called Myanmar, “…it will be quite unlike any land you know about.” It's true, a vacation in Myanmar is like stepping back in time. Wondrous, lush, and steeped in history, for decades Myanmar was almost unreachable to travelers. Today we have access to the rolling plains scattered with ancient temples and stupas, the Irrawaddy River winding through lively villages where we meet local artisans, and Buddhist monks on a personalized Myanmar tour.
- Visit the colonial center of Yangon, the many temples, and famous Shwedagon Pagoda.
- Take a hot air balloon over the massive Plain of Temples for a different perspective in Bagan.
- Cruise the Irrawaddy River, stopping to visit villages and take in the sights, while on board you learn about local cuisine and dress.
- Observe the unique leg-rowing style of fishermen on Inle Lake, surrounding floating villages, and artisan workshops.
- Marvel at jewel-like Kyaiktiyo Temple, perched on top of an enormous golden rock.
- Mandalay is a cultural center of activity with the monastery at Mandalay Hill and golden Buddhas.