Amazing Tasmania with a Touch of Melbourne
Custom Travel | 14 Days
- A private journey tailored to you
- Dramatic coastlines, rugged mountains, and sparkling highland lakes
- Explore Cradle Mountain’s dolerite columns and Freycinet’s beaches
- Watch for Bruny Island’s wallabies, quolls, and Tasmanian devils
- Excellent food and wine in Yarra Valley, Australia’s best-known wine region
Separated from Australia by the Bass Strait, Tasmania long ago seceded—not politically, but geologically—from the island continent. More than a third of Tasmania is a savage, beautiful network of national parks and Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area, a refuge and habitat for rare plants and animals. Its European heritage dates to the early 1800s, while Tasmanian Aborigines first arrived 40,000 years ago. On this two-week completely customizable Tasmania tour, experienced guides share passionate stories about the island and its sometimes tumultuous history, both natural and human.
1 – 3
After alighting in Launceston, spend time in Trowunna Wildlife Park and Cradle Mountain for rare wildlife, walks among ancient rain-forest species, and possible sightings of wombats and the endemic black currawong.
4 – 5
Travel to Freycinet Peninsula, a mosaic of human history, abundant fauna, and rambunctious geology Stroll Wineglass Bay and the sandy beaches of Cape Tourville.
6 – 7
Excursions in Tasmania Wilderness West World Heritage Area reveal some of the world's largest trees Watch for nocturnal animals in Mount Field National Park.
8 – 9
Ferry to Bruny Island for a wildlife cruise and nature walks, where deserted beaches and a temperate rain forest are home to short-tailed shearwaters, penguins, wallabies, and little carnivorous marsupials.
10 – 11
Visits to Hobart’s waterfront and museums provide insight into the island’s history and contemporary culture Meet art and produce vendors at Salamanca Market.
12 – 14
Taste wine in the acclaimed Yarra Valley after flying to Melbourne Spend a full day getting acquainted with this artsy city before returning home.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
(best time to visit: September–April)
From $16,425 per person (Custom Trip)
(above price based on two travelers sharing a room)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- Internal air
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Australia E-visa support
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance