Adventuring through New Zealand
Custom Travel | 12 Days
- Customizable, well-paced adventure covering both North and South Islands
- Lord of the Rings scenery including visits to Glenorchy and Hobbiton filming locations
- Rotorua’s geothermal wonderland including a breathtaking helicopter tour of Mount Tarawera volcano
- Star-filled night skies, high country sheep stations, and scenic Mt. Cook flight at Mackenzie Basin
- Sail on an America’s Cup racing yacht in Auckland and cruise Queensland’s scenic Milford Sound
This tailor-made journey takes travelers into cinematic landscapes for adventures by air, on water, and by land. Begin in Auckland on the North Island, venturing inland to Rotorua to witness the Maori haka dance, helicopter to gushing geysers and bubbling mud pools, and flying through the rain forest canopy by zip line. Landing on the South Island at Christchurch, take off overland to the high country scenery of Lake Tekapo and Mackenzie Country. Hike, bike, and take a scenic flight through idyllic landscapes, exploring high country sheep ranches and spectacular starry skies. Arrive in Queenstown for jet boat fun and a tranquil wildlife cruise on Milford Sound followed by one last scenic flight. Throughout your adventures, you’ll be led by friendly, knowledgeable Kiwis and enjoy topnotch lodgings with delectable cuisine.
Arrive in multicultural Auckland to recharge after the flight Join a sailing excursion on an America’s Cup racing yacht.
2 – 4
In the active thermal region of Rotorua, helicopter to Mount Tarawera volcano to admire impressive geysers and pools Tour the fascinating Hobbiton movie set.
5 – 6
Before flying to Christchurch for a dolphin-seeking cruise, explore Maori culture in Whakarewarewa, and learn about the shy kiwi bird in Rainbow Springs Nature Park.
7 – 8
Take a scenic drive to Lake Tekapo for hiking, biking, and stargazing Spend time on a high country farm and learn sheep shearing and feeding from the owners.
9 – 10
Fly over Mount Cook by fixed-wing plane before driving to Queenstown to take a jet boat on the Dart River Learn about New Zealand’s gold rush days in Arrowtown.
11 – 12
Set out for Milford Sound, a spectacular fiord surrounded by a panorama of towering peaks, which you admire on the water and by plane Depart for home.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered October - April
From $16,800 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local driver-guides and other staff
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
A Journey Built Just For You
Take customization to the next level on a journey fully tailored to you. GeoEx's destination specialists will gladly tailor this existing itinerary—or build one completely from scratch—to suit your style, interests, and time frame. Contact us to see what's possible.Start The Conversation
Mountains & Fiords of the South IslandLearn More
Natural North New ZealandLearn More
Adventure Across Sri LankaLearn More