Custom Travel | 12 Days
- A private journey customized for you: this itinerary is just a starting point
- Spot native wildlife on Kangaroo Island, known as Australia’s Galápagos
- Urban exploring and wilderness adventure
- Explore Flinders Ranges National Park, a spectacular geological outback
- Cruise (and snorkel) on the Great Barrier Reef by luxury catamaran
On this far-ranging Ozian jaunt, you experience dazzling contrasts between big city and the quintessential Australian outback landscape. The charms of Australian country hospitality take hold in the Flinders Ranges, South Australia’s most beautiful mountains, before you fly to Kangaroo Island for up-close wildlife encounters. It’s a journey rich in water adventure: you may sail Sydney’s famed harbor, float a 12-passenger catamaran over the Great Barrier Reef, and cruise into the heart of the Daintree Rainforest with expert guides keeping watch for crocs, snakes, and eagles.
We can say this was one of the most memorable travel experiences we have had...I felt as though every important detail had been thought of throughout the trip...It was a very successful itinerary.– HARRY H.
1 – 3
Sail Sydney’s famed harbor, then fly to the Flinders, South Australia's highest mountains Experience beautiful sandstone bluffs around a sheep station.
4 – 5
On outback excursions in Flinders Ranges National Park, admire wallaroos, Aboriginal rock art, and vistas of red-river gums and cypress trees.
6 – 7
Flying to rugged Kangaroo Island, watch for koalas, wallabies, kangaroos, sea lions, and elusive echidnas (spiny anteaters) while based from a luxury lodge.
8 – 9
After a look at vibrant Adelaide and Cairns (with stylish architecture, quaint boutiques, and active nightlife), overnight in a rain-forest retreat near North Queensland.
A Great Barrier Reef excursion by luxurious catamaran takes you snorkeling, diving, and sunbathing on the world's largest coral reef system.
11 – 12
Enjoy a Daintree Rainforest river cruise and go for swims and walks, keeping your eyes peeled for cassowary, forest dragons, and paradise kingfishers.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered April–October
Custom Trip: From $15,360 per person
based on two travelers, double occupancy; please call for individually tailored recommendations and pricing
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- Internal air
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Australia E-visa support
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance