The Many Worlds of South Africa
Custom Travel | 14 Days
- A private journey customized for you
- Explore unparalleled diversity, from urban art galleries to idyllic scenery
- Johannesburg, Cape Town, and the Wine Country with acclaimed guides
- Overnight in a series of superb inns and luxury lodges
- Opt to add a safari in Kruger National Park or beyond
There may be no other country on the planet that contains such a rich collection of worlds as South Africa, from the urbanity of Cape Town to the wild game lands of Kruger, with a taste of just about everything in between. You’ll get to experience it all on this customizable journey—this itinerary is just a starting point. With in-country experts leading the way, you’ll explore cosmopolitan Johannesburg; the Cape’s vineyard-strewn mountains (and world-class vintages), penguin-dotted coast, and incredible restaurants and galleries; and, if you wish, one of the world’s most revered national parks.
This was planned as the trip of a lifetime, and it was. It greatly exceeded expectations, especially in the safari experiences and in the richness of our guide experiences in Cape Town and Johannesburg, not to mention that we stayed in some of the best hotels and camps we have ever experienced. Extraordinary!– JIM L.
1 – 3
In Johannesburg, two exceptional guides—Robin Binckes and Jo Buitendach—share the city, from its townships to the burgeoning public art scene.
4 – 5
Fly to the Cape and head for the Winelands, experiencing the best winery towns, including Stellenbosch, Boschendal, and Constantia.
6 – 7
A scenic drive takes you to Walker Bay and Grootbos Private Nature Reserve for beach picnics, cave exploring, walks in ancient milkwood forest, and watching for southern right whales.
8 – 11
Explore beguiling Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula based from the distinguished Ellerman House, an Edwardian mansion with a spectacular ocean view Depart for home or safari extension.
11 – 14
Optional safari extension:
Enjoy wildlife viewing in Kruger National Park and Sabi Sand Reserve, staying at plush lodgings known for hospitality, conservation, and community.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $8750 per person (Custom Trip)
Safari extension: From $7150 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
The Supreme Soak: Best Hotel Bathtubs Around the WorldRead More
Where GeoEx Travel Experts Are Dreaming of Going in 2021Read More
Where GeoEx Travel Experts are Going in 2020Read More
Top 10 Travel Destinations for 2020Read More
UNESCO’s World Heritage: What It Means & Their ImportanceRead More
Giving Back Around the WorldRead More