Chad Explorer: Wildlife, Culture & Conservation
Group | 9 Days | Moderate Touring and Safari
- Be one of the few to venture into Chad, home to extraordinary wildlife
- Travel with legendary, modern-day explorer Kingsley Holgate
- Observe a herd of rehabilitated elephants and learn their conservation success story
- Visit with Sahelian belt nomads
- GeoEx's exclusive group trip is limited to eight travelers
Venturing into a country wildly devoid of tourism, this pioneering journey explores Zakouma National Park, home to one of the world’s most diverse grassland ecosystems and a massive rehabilitated herd of elephants—a great conservation success story. "GeoEx is one of the few tour operators that has been awarded private, weeklong trips in the park,” explains GeoEx safari celebrant Starla Estrada, "and we’ve enlisted a dynamic duo of leaders: Africa expert and legendary safari guide Brad Hansen and Kingsley Holgate, modern-day explorer, Royal Geographic Society member, and globally respected expert on remote African tribes.”
The abundance is incredible: Never have I seen so much wildlife in one area!!! The camp is quite nice, the food delicious, and the staff very friendly and helpful.– Cindy H.
After overnighting in N’Djamena, we fly to to Zakouma National Park, where the Sahara borders the rain forest Settle into Camp Nomade, a tastefully appointed mobile camp.
Wildlife excursions in Zakouma National Park reveal elephants, red-fronted gazelles, Kordofan giraffes, and hundreds of bird species Gain insight into conservation efforts, rub elbows with villagers at the vibrant Kach-Kacha market, and visit with nomads of Arab descent whose families move in colorful camel trains.
A charter flight returns us to N'Djamena, and we catch our flights home or onward.
Dates & Prices
3/13/18 – 3/21/18 (1 space left)
3/20/18 – 3/28/18 (1 space left)
4/10/18 – 4/18/18 (1 space left)
2/5/19 – 2/13/19
From $12,600 per person (Group Trip)
Round-trip internal airfare (charter flights): $1750 per person
Please check back for 2019 pricing.
Great for Solo Travelers: If you're traveling alone, you'll be able to share the wonders of the region with fellow travelers and the remarkable guides on this trip. Plus, the single supplement has been waived; call us for more details.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of GeoEx trip leaders, professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance