Kenya: Essence of a Continent
Custom Travel | 12 Days
- A custom-designed journey: this itinerary is just a starting point
- Scenic charter flights connect distant reserves
- Kenya’s Northern Frontier District, one of Africa’s least explored areas
- Experience incredible wildlife and authentic Maasai and Samburu cultures
- Deluxe lodges, intimate camps, and fine cuisine
Essence of a Continent offers a romantic introduction to Kenya, taking you to some of its most vast wildlife reserves and intimate safari camps. Not only does this trip reveal incredible animals, it showcases the country’s fantastic variety of culture and landscape. Experience spectacular game viewing on mesmerizing safari outings, including four-wheel-driving through the bush and walking along the rain forest. Throughout the trip, you’re treated to tremendous local knowledge and wildlife expertise, along with great personal attention and delicious fare.
The organization of this trip with GeoEx was superlative—from the initial planning to every detail of travel within Kenya! Every day was an adventure, every experience was a discovery and a delight.– NANCY M.
1 – 3
Overnight in Nairobi, then fly to Campi ya Kanzi at the edge of Mount Kilimanjaro Enjoy superb wildlife sightings, roam the Chyulu Hills with a Maasai tracker, and learn about conservation.
4 – 6
The Masai Mara, one of the world's most thrilling game reserves, welcomes you for wildlife viewing and and nights in cushy tents along the Mara River.
7 – 8
Venture to Mathew's Range in northern Kenya for bush walks and communing with the Samburu Your ultra-comfortable tented camp is set in prime leopard-viewing territory.
9 – 10
In the Northern Frontier District, watch for endangered Grevy’s zebra among plains, wetlands, and forest—and from your deck, sundowners in hand.
11 – 12
Look for black rhinos, elephants, ostriches, and more with expert trackers in Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, Kenya’s leading model for wildlife conservation on private land Fly to Nairobi and depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $15,835 per person (Custom Trip)
Internal air: $4100 per person (subject to change)
Park & Conservation fees: $997 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance