Splendors of Egypt
Luxury Group Travel | 13 Days
- A five-night scenic sail along the Nile with key historic stops
- Private visits, including the Tomb of Nefertari and the Tomb of Seti
- Deep exploration of Cairo: modern-day, medieval, and Pharaonic
- Enjoy meeting locals and treasure shopping
We’ve designed this journey to explore the history and heart of ever-evolving Egypt, pausing our visits for moments of observation, relaxation, and reflection. In store are intimate looks at the country’s staggering monuments, mind-blowing hieroglyphs, and bygone-era villages. Outside of our meanderings in Cairo, Luxor, and the Great Temple at Abu Simbel, we spend five nights aboard an elegant dahabeya. From our well-appointed home on the Nile, we sail from one riverside town to another, admiring ancient wonders and gaining valuable insights from our distinguished (and amiable) trip leader, a top Egyptologist.
1 – 3
Get acquainted with Islamic and Pharaonic Cairo Discover the exceptional hieroglyphics of the Pyramids of Giza and special-access visits to tombs We explore the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities, containing the riches of Tutankhamen.
4 – 5
Before we embark at Luxor on our cruise, we visit its namesake temple and museum, admiring an impressive collection of tomb artifacts, jewelry, and statuary.
6 – 10
Aboard the dahabeya—ours exclusively—we sail along the Nile, stopping for historic treasures and impressive monuments in Esna, Edfu, and Kom Ombo We enjoy a private visit to the Tomb of Nefertari and other visits to special tombs in the Valley of the Kings and Queens.
11 – 12
In the bustling trade hub of Aswan, we meander the bazaar and appreciate the world’s largest man-made lake At Abu Simbel, we spend the morning exploring the Great Temple, saved by a UNESCO-funded operation.
Depart for home via Cairo.
Dates & Prices
10/20/21 – 11/01/21 Limited space; please call
12/01/21 – 12/13/21 Limited space; please call
01/12/22 – 01/24/22
03/16/22 – 03/28/22 Limited space; please call
11/02/22 – 11/14/22
11/30/22 – 12/12/22
Group Trip: From $7,875 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, drivers, and other staff
- All gratuities with exception of Egyptologist
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Where to Travel in 2021: Our Top PicksRead More
Sugar Cane, Mansoor, My Sister & Me: My Best Travel MemoryRead More
Egypt, Paris & Me: A Trip to Egypt without Leaving FranceRead More
Places We Love: Top Travel Destinations In The World for 2019Read More
10 Great Places to Travel This DecemberRead More
Amazed by EgyptRead More