Botswana Family Safari
Personalized Travel Itineraries | 10 Days
- A custom-designed safari featuring private mobile luxury camps
- Crisscross the Okavango Delta by plane, boat, foot, and four-by-four
- Spot hippos, elephants, lions, birds, and other fantastic wildlife
- Learn from the Zu/’hoasi about their culture in the Makgadikgadi Pans
- Travel with superlative, fun-loving safari guides
Gliding through the meandering waterways of the Okavango Delta, you experience another world—one with pairs of drinking elephants, pods of periscoping hippos, and saddle-billed storks searching for lunch in the shallows. By foot, four-by-four, and boat, you’ll explore inviting isles, tranquil lagoons, lush marshes, and grassy plains, discovering incredible wildlife and the rhythms of the bush. You’ll venture into remote corners of the delta on a rare mobile safari, staying in deluxe camps with stellar guides that are yours exclusively. There’s also time to get to know Zu/’hoasi people in the shimmering Makgadikgadi Pans.
This is the most fun we’ve had together as a family. It is magical! And [our guide] Ralph is a gem.– GEOEX GUEST CALLING BY SATELLITE PHONE FROM AN ISLAND IN THE OKAVANGO DELTA, WHERE THEY WERE SLEEPING OUT IN BEDROLLS UNDER THE STARS
1 – 2
Overnight in Johannesburg, then fly to the Okavango Delta and settle into your private mobile camp in the wildlife-thronged Moremi Game Reserve.
3 – 4
Your morning and afternoon game drives cross dry floodplain in search of zebras, elephants, leopards, and wildebeests Watch animals at a lagoon while hearing from your guides about history and ecology.
5 – 6
Camp on an island deep in the delta reachable only by boat Glide through waterways, spotting hippos, sensationally varied birds, and perhaps a sitatunga antelope Picnic under a baobab tree and swap stories by a fire.
Fly by light aircraft to the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans of central Botswana, adjacent to the Kalahari Desert A luxurious permanent camp set among desert palms and acacias welcomes you.
8 – 10
Zu/’hoasi friends introduce you to their way of life Opt to ride quad bikes on vast salt flats, visit with meerkats, and take a nature walk Fly to Johannesburg and depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
(Green season: Jan. to mid-Apr. & Nov. to mid-Dec.;
High season: mid-Apr. to Oct. & mid- to late-Dec.)
Green Season: From $54,000 (for two adults and two children under 12)
Dry Season: From $60,000 (for two adults and two children under 12)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Flying High: Best Helicopter Tours In The WorldRead More
Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites You May Never Have Heard OfRead More
7 Reasons to Go on a Botswana Safari During Green SeasonRead More
6 Reasons Why You Should Go to Botswana, Again & AgainRead More
Notes on an Okavango OdysseyRead More
An Essential Safari GlossaryRead More