Wilds of Botswana
Custom Travel | 10 Days
- Private reserves and exclusive camps carefully chosen for the season
- Meander the waterways of the Okavango Delta by mokoro
- Hippos, zebras, lions, lechwe, even swimming elephants
- Bush walks and game drives led by expert guides
A one-of-a-kind natural masterpiece, the Okavango Delta is the happy result of the 1,000-mile long Okavango River’s failure to find an outlet to the sea. Instead, the river comes to what the great photographer Frans Lanting calls “a splendid death,” seeping productively into the bone-dry Kalahari Desert, creating the world’s largest inland delta. Among a dizzying variety of flora and world-class panoply of fauna, you’ll witness unforgettable wildlife interactions from one exquisite reserve to the next, always based from the most exclusive, comfortable camps.
We are all so very grateful to you for organizing our Botswana trip. From every perspective—logistics, venues, choice of guide, clear instructions, adequate preparation, and setting expectations—we could not have asked for more.– BOB F.
1 – 2
After a night in Johannesburg, fly to northeastern Botswana Your tented camp within the 320,000-acre Selinda Reserve overlooks a seasonal waterway that links the delta with the game-rich Linyanti wetlands.
3 – 5
Traverse the floodplains by mokoro and the savannah by four-by-four, watching for pods of hippos, colorful birds, wild dogs, sables, buffalo, elephants, cheetahs, and other creatures.
6 – 9
Fly to the private Duba Plains Concession in the heart of the Okavango Delta, where you track lions and spot Pel's fishing-owls, African skimmers, and wattled cranes from camp on a private riverine island After encountering buffalo, hyenas, warthogs, big cats, and countless avian species, kick back at your luxury tented camp
Fly to Johannesburg and catch flights home, or embark on additional exploring (GeoEx is happy to make the arrangements).
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round.
Custom Trip: From $8,900 per person
estimate based on two travelers, sharing a room
Prefer to join a small group trip? See our Bountiful Botswana itinerary.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Meals and house beverages while at safari camps
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites You May Never Have Heard OfRead More
6 Reasons Why You Should Go to Botswana, Again & AgainRead More
Where to Go on Your First SafariRead More
Where Our Travel Experts are Going in 2023Read More
Where Global Travel Experts Are Going in 2022Read More
Travel in 2021: GeoEx Staff StoriesRead More