A Tribute to Turkey
Personalized Travel Itineraries | 13 Days
- Experience the best of Turkey, with comfortable, atmospheric lodgings
- Revel in the intricate detail of Istanbul’s Byzantine and Ottoman architecture
- Behold Cappadocia’s otherworldly tufa landscapes
- Guides, hosts, potters, weavers, waiters: meet the famously charming Turks
Few places reveal such a rich roster of wonderful people and sensational historical relics as Turkey. This smartly designed (and completely customizable) trip is our tribute to the fun we’ve had over three decades of traveling there. Bookending your journey with a close look at Istanbul, you’ll hopscotch from Europe to Asia across the Dardanelles to explore ancient Troy and the ruins of Assos. You’ll wander in magnificently preserved Ephesus, once the Roman Empire’s second-largest city, and spend quality time in Cappadocia for fairy landscapes, the result of seas of volcanic ash.
[Our guide] went beyond all expectations. He opened doors that were closed to the public, shared a love for the country that enriched our experience, and paid absolute attention to everyone's wants and needs. Exceptional.– JUSTINE M.
1 – 3
Uncover modern and ancient Istanbul on foot, exploring remnants of the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires Islamic art and ancient architecture reveal themselves in Kadiköy.
4 – 5
Winding roads lead you to infamous Troy and charming coastal towns along the Dardanelles Straight, the Marmara Sea, and the Aegean Learn to make the perfect cup of Turkish coffee.
6 – 7
Head south to the ancient acropolis of Pergamon, Izmir, and Ephesus through undulating olive country Admire the Caicos River and the Temple of Artemis.
8 – 9
After flying to Ankara, continue to Cappadocia for tufa landscapes and cave churches adorned with early Christian art Trace Anatolian and Silk Road history and visit pottery studios.
An optional hot-air balloon ride awaits you at sunrise, and Whirling Dervishes end your day in Cappadocia In between are more rambles among its surreal landscapes, frescoes, and pretty villages.
11 – 13
Fly to Istanbul for two full days of expertly guided exploration, including the Süleymaniye Mosque, a private Bosphorus cruise, and famed giant bazaars Depart for home.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $11,650 (Custom Trip)
(based on two travelers)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- All gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Places We Love: Top Travel Destinations In The World for 2019Read More
UNESCO’s World Heritage: What It Means & Why It MattersRead More
Can Americans Travel to Turkey? An Update with Specialist Starla EstradaRead More
Ali’s Heritage GardenRead More
Two Angels in AnatoliaRead More
In Search of Belonging on Turkey’s Büyükada IslandRead More