Istanbul & the Aegean Coast
Custom Travel | 13 Days
- Wander Istanbul’s mosques and endless dazzling bazaars
- Aegean cruise by Turkish sailboat with swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking
- Ancient cities of Priene, Didyma, Euromos, and Kaunos
- Hike coastal trails along the Lycian Way with breathtaking sea views
- Visit the famed Hagia Sophia and the Ephesus ruins
“No water city can compare,” said Sacherville Sitwell. “It must be the most wonderful site for a great capital there has ever been.” No excursion to Turkey would be complete without an insightful look at spellbinding Istanbul, once called Constantinople. Here you dally in mosques and comb the markets for treasures, from rugs to evil-eye talismans. Add to that some glorious days on the Aegean by private gulet, rambles among archaeological sites, and a superb guide, and you’ve got an expertly crafted, completely customizable touring and sailing adventure. This itinerary is just a starting point.
I can honestly say that this is our very best trip, ever.– CHRISTINA M.
1 – 3
Get intimate with Istanbul, once the greatest political power in the ancient world, and pretty villages nearby Visit the Hippodrome and the Museum of Turkish and Islamic Arts.
4 – 5
In the classical city of Ephesus, trace Greek and Roman rule through exceptionally well-preserved architecture Explore other sublime ancient cities along the Aegean coast.
Stroll Bodrum, home to a skyline-dominating castle and the renowned Mausoleum of Mausolus Your chartered sailboat and its experience crew welcome you aboard.
7 – 8
Cruise by gulet, snorkeling in turquoise coves, exploring Cleopatra’s Sunken Baths, and meandering the Dalyan River en route to Ancient Kaunos Dine on deck under bright stars.
9 – 10
Anchor at Gemiler Island to admire the ruins of Byzantine monasteries and hike over the hills to the Greek ghost town of Kayaköy Meet local families and chefs.
11 – 13
After flying to Istanbul, your guide leads you through expansive bazaars and Ottoman Empire relics, and takes you on a private cruise on the Bosphorus Depart Istanbul.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $19,500 (Custom Trip)
(based on two travelers)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
The Supreme Soak: Best Hotel Bathtubs Around the WorldRead More
Places We Love: Top Travel Destinations In The World for 2019Read More
UNESCO’s World Heritage: What It Means & Their ImportanceRead More
Can Americans Travel to Turkey? An Update with Specialist Starla EstradaRead More
Ali’s Heritage GardenRead More
Two Angels in AnatoliaRead More