Custom Travel | 11 Days
- Explore a country that’s been stimulating creative minds for centuries
- A customizable trip through Iran’s most alluring cities and villages
- Persepolis’ ruins, Tehran’s museums, and Shiraz’s glorious gardens
- Revel in Esfahan, a wonderland of lofty minarets and egg-shaped domes
- A timely destination that GeoEx has been exploring since 1993
Concise but comprehensive, this private journey provides a good, unhurried look at Iran’s most galvanizing cities. You’ll discover the highlights of Tehran and lovely Shiraz, known for gardens, poetry, and the remarkable Pink Mosque. You’ll marvel at sensational ruins in Pasargadae and Persepolis, and stroll the desert city of Yazd, whose skyline is delightfully dotted with badgirs (slotted wind towers). You’ll savor Esfahan’s concentration of Islamic monuments, visit enchanting villages, and engage in heart-opening conversations with local Iranians throughout. But that’s just a suggestion; the customizable itinerary is up to you.
I loved this trip. Iran is a great destination. It's a beautiful country and the people were incredibly friendly. I just had the best time.– Donald C.
I always knew that Iran would be great, but this travel experience was way beyond dreams and expectations. Everything was totally impeccable.– Jean Marc H.
1 – 3
Explore Tehran, Iran's spirited capital, visiting renowned museums showcasing Persian carpets, pre-Islamic manuscripts, crown jewels, and more before flying to Shiraz, the country's cultural center.
4 – 5
After seeing the ancient ruins of Persepolis, discover Shiraz, strolling its green spaces and vibrant bazaars, popping into tea shops, studying mausoleums and the Pink Mosque.
6 – 7
A walking tour in the desert city of Yazd reveals unique architecture, carpet and embroidery shops, and stunning tile work at the 12th-century Masjid Jami Wander Pasargadae, capital of the Achaemenid Empire.
8 – 9
Your guide shares an insider’s look at Esfahan, leading you through its enormous bazaar, palaces, and the Naqsh-e Jahan (site of the exquisite Imam Mosque) Soak up everyday life along its streets and river.
10 – 11
Observe traditional dress and culture in the charming mountain village of Abyaneh and stop in Kashan, home to caravanserais, stately gardens and ceramic studios Return to Tehran and depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $8000 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Is it Safe to Travel to Iran: What Americans Need to KnowRead More
Life-Changing Travel ExperiencesRead More
Top Nine GeoEx Instagram Posts of 2019Read More
Iranian Bridges and Bonds: Yeganeh and Jason Rezaian in Conversation with Don GeorgeRead More
Iran in PicturesRead More
The Splendors & Surprises of a Trip To IranRead More