Luxury Group Travel | 16 Days
- Travel in style and comfort aboard the Golden Eagle train
- Traverse the crossroads of Asia and Europe
- Explore ancient Silk Road cities replete with impressive architecture
- Tour wineries in Georgia, home to the world’s first cultivated grapevines
This incredible six-country rail journey connects the beautiful southern Caucasus region with historically sensational Central Asia. Your adventure begins in Yerevan, the capital of Armenia, where you board the elegantly appointed Golden Eagle and glide into Georgia, the crossroads of Western Asia and Eastern Europe. After exploring Baku, Azerbaijan, you fly across the Caspian Sea to reach Turkmenistan. Reunited with the train, you pay visits to the legendary Silk Road cities of Khiva, Bukhara, and Samarkand, and cap off your adventure in Almaty, Kazakhstan, a bustling metropolis.
1 – 3
Explore Armenia's capital, Yerevan, before boarding the train Cabin comforts and onboard lectures complement the scenery en route to stunning Lake Sevan and Dilijan's centuries-old monastery.
4 – 6
Time in Georgia's wine region and a fascinating cave town awaits Experience Georgia's storied capital, Tbilisi, as well as UNESCO-listed Mtskheta.
7 – 8
Savor two hotel nights in Baku, Azerbaijan's capital, set on the Caspian Sea’s western shore Wander Baku’s picturesque old town and revel in pre-historic rock engravings at the Gobustan archaeological site.
9 – 10
A plane whisks you to Ashgabat, Turkmenistan, known for extravagant fountains and glistening domes Return to the Golden Eagle and head east, perhaps side-tripping to Darvaza's burning crater.
11 – 12
Marvel at ancient Khiva and Bukhara, two UNESCO World Heritage Site towns with impressive Islamic architecture and living history.
13 – 16
Trace the Silk Road to Samarkand and Tashkent, appreciating renowned monuments like the Registan Your journey ends in Almaty, Kazakhstan's ever-expanding metropolis.
Dates & Prices
03/17/23 – 04/01/23
09/22/23 – 10/07/23
Trips: From $26,795 per person
based on double occupancy
- All accommodations
- Most meals
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Services of an expedition leader, lecturers, and support staff during voyage
- Personal headsets on all off-train excursions
- All gratuities
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance