Trans-Siberian Winter Wonderland
Group Travel | 15 Days
- The famous train journey across Siberia and Mongolia
- Experience the beauty of Russia’s squares and churches in winter
- Dogsled, ice-fish, and snowmobile on spectacular Lake Baikal
- Marvel at Moscow’s Kremlin and visit a nomadic family in Ulaanbaatar
- Trip variations: opt for a 22-day journey that includes Sretensk, Omsk, and Nizhny Novgorod
This very special trip is the winter edition of the Trans-Siberian Express, a rail epic traversing eight time zones and 6,600 miles from Moscow to Vladivostok. Traveling in comfort aboard the gorgeously appointed Golden Eagle (complete with onboard lectures and language lessons), you make your way through the magical wonderland that is Russia in winter. In Irkutsk, it’s the perfect season to experience a Russian Banya (sauna). You also have the chance to go ice fishing, dogsledding, and snowmobiling on frozen Lake Baikal, the “Pearl of Siberia.”
We really enjoyed our Mongolia and Siberia adventures. They were really memorable and, certainly for us, once in a lifetime.– GREGG B.
1 – 4
Take in Moscow's most iconic sights, then embark on your rail journey, stopping at historic Vladimir and Yekaterinburg, where Nicholas II was executed in 1918.
5 – 7
Discover Irkutsk's impressive wooden architecture after exploring the modern city of Novosibirsk, home to one of the few remaining gigantic statues of Lenin.
8 – 9
Snow season at Lake Baikal brings ice fishing, dog-sledding, and snowmobiling―all of which you enjoy before continuing to Ulan Ude, the Buryat Republic's ethically and culturally diverse capital.
10 – 15
After experiencing Mongolia’s cosmopolitan capital, savor beautiful landscapes en route to Vladivostok Disembark, get a taste of this intriguing Russian port city, and fly home.
Dates & Prices
02/13/21 – 02/27/21 (Moscow to Vladivostok; 15 days)
02/25/21 – 03/18/21 (Vladivostok to Moscow; 22 days)
02/13/22 – 02/27/22 (Moscow to Vladivostok; 15 days)
02/25/22 – 03/11/22 (Vladivostok to Moscow; 15 days)
2021 Trips: From $18,995 per person (15-day trip)
Special offer: 2021 pricing applies for 2022 train voyages booked by December 31, 2020.
Please check back for 2022 pricing.
Please see itinerary for pricing on other trip variations.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of an expedition leader, lecturers, and support staff during voyage
- Personal headsets on all off-train excursions
- All gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance