Luxury Group Travel | 15 Days
- Cross northern India, from the Arabian Sea to the Bay of Bengal by road and rail
- Seven-night train tour aboard India’s elegant Deccan Odyssey
- Key sights, including the holy Ganges, the Taj Mahal, and Udaipur palaces
- Himalayan views and tea country vistas from colonial Darjeeling
- Dinner and dance performance at former residence of the Maharajah of Jaipur
Tracing a wide arc across northern India, this coast-to-coast, rail-and-road journey explores daily life, major city sights, and Himalayan foothill towns. For the first half of the adventure, you travel aboard the luxurious Deccan Odyssey train, watching an array of landscapes unfold, learning about Indian culture, and savoring top-notch meals. Insightful stops introduce you to dhobis of Mumbai’s open-air laundry, artisans in Jaipur’s bazaar, and Varanasi’s chanting priests, among much else. The second portion of the trip takes you to Darjeeling on its famous narrow-gauge railway, giving you a chance to savor Himalayan vistas and tea country before heading to Kolkata. Visits to UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including Humayun’s Tomb, Fatehpur Sikri, and the must-see Taj Mahal, pepper this one-of-a-kind adventure.
1 – 3
Explore compelling Mumbai, including the Elephanta Island caves, Dhobi Ghats, and colorful markets The Deccan Odyssey welcomes you aboard and embarks.
4 – 5
Discover the Rajasthani capital of Jaipur and enchanting, lake-laden Udaipur, marveling at majestic palaces and Mughal architecture.
6 – 8
After a taste of Delhi, more UNESCO World Heritage Sites await: the shimmering Taj Mahal, the red-sandstone and white-marble Agra Fort, and the ghost town of Fatehpur Sikri.
In Varanasi, witness time-honored Hindu rituals from a river cruise on the holy Ganges, and meander through ancient alleyways, bazaars, and temples.
10 – 12
The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway connects you to Darjeeling, a fabled colonial hill station Immerse yourself in history, tea plantations, monasteries, and stunning views of 28,169-foot Mount Kanchenchunga.
13 – 15
Fly to Kolkata, a fascinating mix of East and West, and visit the tree-lined paths of the Victoria Memorial before a farewell dinner and flights home.
More Train Trips
Travel by train is still one of the best ways to explore the globe. Check out our collection of railway journeys.
Dates & Prices
11/30/23 – 12/14/23
02/01/24 – 02/15/24
11/30/24 – 12/14/24
15-Day Trip: From $16,995 per person
based on double occupancy
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations and most meals
- All gratuities
- All ground transportation, including airport transfers
- All entrance fees, sightseeing, events, service charges, and standard taxes
- Services of expedition leader, lecturers, and support staff
- Coffee, tea, and drinking water in your train cabin
- Generous allowance of soft drinks, beer, and wine during lunch and dinner
- Assistance with required visa support documents
- Luggage handling
- Emergency evacuation services up to $300,000; secondary medical expense insurance up to $50,000
A Journey Built Just For You
Take customization to the next level on a journey fully tailored to you. GeoEx's destination specialists will gladly tailor this existing itinerary—or build one completely from scratch—to suit your style, interests, and time frame. Contact us to see what's possible.Start The Conversation
Where Our Travel Experts are Going in 2023Read More
Where to See Big Cats in the WildRead More
Life-Changing Travel ExperiencesRead More
Where GeoEx Travel Experts Are Dreaming of Going in 2021Read More
Bringing History & Culture Alive: A Conversation with Manoj SharmaRead More
Top Nine GeoEx Instagram Posts of 2019Read More
Madras MailLearn More
Colorful India: North to SouthLearn More
From Taj to TigerLearn More