Luxury Group Travel | 15 Days
- 15-day luxury trip with 7 nights aboard the Deccan Odyssey train
- Discover southern India from Mumbai to Hyperbad, west to east
- Admire exquisite UNESCO temples, medieval churches, and colonial architecture
- Ride a historic narrow-gauge railway through tea plantations
- Explore heritage-rich cities-cum-tech hubs
From cuisine and customs to the language and look of the locals, southern and northern India are worlds apart. This rail and road journey delves into the heritage treasures of the southern half. Enjoy the experience of a luxury train tour in India, exquisitely planned by GeoEx. Your week based aboard the Deccan Odyssey train takes you to discover the Portuguese-influenced architecture of Goa, the golden-era trade relics of Kochi, the French heritage of Pondicherry, and the indigenous architectural styles of Thiruvananthapuram. This luxury train journey in India is bookended by time in Mumbai, Chennai, and Hyperbad, featuring splendid hotels and opportunities to visit such gems as Gandhi’s house and the beautifully domed Qutub Shahi Tombs.
1 – 3
Arrive in Mumbai and explore the Dhobi Ghats, the UNESCO-acclaimed cave complex on Elephanta Island, and Gandhi's house Settle into your cabin aboard the Deccan Odyssey train.
4 – 5
Goa welcomes you with its beaches, temples, and Portuguese-influenced architecture Ride the historic Nilgiri Mountain Railway (or "Toy Train") through tea plantations to a picturesque hill station.
6 – 7
Before wandering the temples of Thiruvananthapuram, visit Kochi and its shady lagoons and canals Get acquainted with medieval churches and the exquisite Padmanabhaswamy Hindu Temple.
8 – 9
In Madurai, one of South India’s oldest cities, join the colorful Meenakshi Temple ceremony Charming Pondicherry charms visitors with its French colonial buildings and language—French is still spoken widely.
10 – 12
Tradition meets modern in Chennai, evident at 17th-century Fort Saint George and its bustling seaport Opt for a day trip to Mamallapuram to view superb UNESCO World Heritage Site shrines.
13 – 15
Explore Hyderabad’s Muslim dynasty and thriving technology hub Dazzle in gemstones, the Islamic architecture of Golconda Fort, and the Qutub Shahi Tombs Depart for home.
Dates & Prices
10/09/25 – 10/23/25 (Mumbai to Hyderabad)
From $17,795 per person
based on double occupancy
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations and most meals
- All gratuities
- All ground transportation, including airport transfers
- All entrance fees, sightseeing, events, service charges, and standard taxes
- Services of expedition leader, lecturers, and support staff
- Coffee, tea, and drinking water in your train cabin
- Generous allowance of soft drinks, beer, and wine during lunch and dinner
- Assistance with required visa support documents
- Luggage handling
- Emergency evacuation services up to $300,000; secondary medical expense insurance up to $50,000