Egypt & the Eternal Nile
Private Travel | 11 Days
PRIVATE READY-TO-BOOK JOURNEYS
These carefully curated journeys save you precious planning time without sacrificing any of the travel expertise and in-country connections you’d expect from GeoEx.
- Four nights on a luxurious Nile cruiser
- Enjoy the bustle of Cairo and experience Aswan, gateway to Africa
- Visit Luxor’s ornate tombs of kings, queens, and artists
- See the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx, Abu Simbel, and other wonders
- Insightful guides who are licensed Egyptologists
Egypt and the Nile: the two are inextricably linked. Almost 2,500 years ago, Herodotus, looking back even then on 25 centuries of recorded history, wrote, “Egypt is an acquired country, the gift of the river.” The ancient Egyptians took advantage of their bountiful gift by building a civilization almost alien in its grandeur, ennobling the Nile’s banks with stunning monuments to their overweening sense of destiny. Even before the days of Herodotus, Egypt and its life-giving river were lodestones of the imagination. This private tour of Egypt celebrates their connection and their wonders.
1 – 2
Cairo, with its souks, minarets, and millennia of history, is yours to explore with your guide, who helps peel back the layers of this ancient city.
Discover the Great Pyramid of Giza, the last standing wonder of the ancient world; the Sphinx; and the Step Pyramid, the oldest stone structure on earth.
4 – 5
Landing in Luxor, explore the tombs of the Valley of the Kings and Queens, the magnificent Luxor Temple, and the impressive Karnak complex Board your Nile cruise.
6 – 7
Your Nile cruise reveals the timeless life along the Nile, along with the temples of Horus and the massive ruins of Kom Ombo, and lazing crocodiles Enjoy afternoon tea on board and dinners on the sundeck.
Disembark in Aswan Tour the famed temple complex of Philae and stop at the Aswan High Dam (creator of Lake Nasser).
9 – 10
Fly to the Great Temple of the Pharaoh Ramses II at Abu Simbel Explore more of Aswan from the historic Old Cataract hotel.
Fly back to Cairo and depart, or overnight before catching flights home.
Dates & Prices
Private Trips offered year-round—just choose your dates and confirm.
Private Trip: From $9,620 per person (based on two travelers, double occupancy)
Please call our Experts at 800-777-8183 for availability and pricing.
Prefer to join a small group trip? See our Splendors of Egypt itinerary.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Services of a private Egyptologist, local guides, drivers, and cruise staff
- Most gratuities
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Where Our Travel Experts are Going in 2023Read More
How to See the Nile RiverRead More
Top 6 Places to Visit in Egypt for CultureRead More
Top 6 Places to Visit in Egypt for ArchaeologyRead More
Where to Travel in 2021: Our Top PicksRead More
Sugar Cane, Mansoor, My Sister & Me: My Best Travel MemoryRead More
Splendors of EgyptLearn More
Ancient Riches of Sudan's Nubian DesertLearn More