Egypt & Jordan
Custom Travel | 16 Days
- Explore the astounding temples of Abu Simbel, Philae, Edfu (Horus), Luxor, and Karnak in the company of a private Egyptologist guide
- Savor a four-night cruise along the Nile aboard the luxurious Oberoi Philae
- Take in the stunning rock-hewn monuments found in the ancient rose-red city of Petra
- Overnight in a reposeful tented camp in the ochre-hued Wadi Rum desert, and bathe in the buoyant, mineral-rich Dead Sea
- Sample itinerary—can be tailored to suit your dates and interests
On this immersive, expertly crafted Egypt and Jordan tour, travel through two ancient lands and centuries of great civilizations. After good looks at the wonders of Cairo and Abu Simbel, spend five days on a luxurious vessel in which, as Kipling wrote, you’ll “run the gauntlet before Eternity,” visiting the massive ruins of Kom Ombo, the Temple of Horus at Edfu, and Luxor’s ornate tombs of kings and queens.
Moving from Egypt into Jordan, experience historic sites and cities central to three world faiths. Stroll through Jerash, the remarkably-preserved city-state of Roman Arabia, and marvel at the ancient Nabatean capital of Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the “New Seven Wonders of the World.” Cap off your journey with a stay at a luxury tented camp in the Wadi Rum desert and a restful denouement at a Dead Sea spa resort.
1 – 3
Arriving in Cairo, soak in this remarkable repository of history with visits to centuries-old mosques, museums, lively souks, and Cairo’s Old City Marvel at the Great Pyramid of Giza and gain a first glimpse into Egypt’s exceptional civilization.
4 – 5
Fly to Abu Simbel to take in the Great Temple of the Pharaoh Ramses II Another flight whisks you to Aswan, where you visit the Aswan High Dam and the award-winning Nubian Museum Board your luxury river vessel, the Oberoi Philae.
6 – 9
Travel down the Nile River, with stops to explore the exquisite Temple of Philae; twin temple at Kom Ombo, dedicated to two gods, Sobek and Haroeris; and the Ptolemaic Temple of Horus at Edfu Arrive at Luxor to marvel at the phenomenal temples of Luxor and Karnak, then wander the tombs of the Valley of the Kings and Queens.
10 – 12
Fly to Jordan, alighting in Amman Wander Roman ruins in the capital and in the ancient city-state of Jerash Drive the King’s Highway south to Madaba, stopping at Mount Nebo where Moses saw the Promised Land Travel overland to Petra and end the day with an optional cooking class.
Explore magnificent Petra, the ancient Nabatean capital carved out of sandstone An optional hike to the beautifully preserved Deir (monastery) affords panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
14 – 16
Drive to the sweeping sands and vermillion cliffs of Wadi Rum, which you explore via four-by-four vehicle After a night at a luxury tented camp, end your journey with a soak at a Dead Sea resort Depart for home.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $14,150 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Egypt, Paris & Me: A Trip to Egypt without Leaving FranceRead More
Places We Love: Top Travel Destinations In The World for 2019Read More
10 Great Places to Travel This DecemberRead More
Amazed by EgyptRead More
The Importance of Travel in Turbulent (and Not So Turbulent) TimesRead More
A Life-Changing Adventure in the DesertRead More