Cuba Family Explorer
Custom Travel | 6 Days
- Go with Cuba experts: GeoEx has been taking travelers there since 2000
- A private journey tailor-made for your family
- Discover Havana through Afro-Cuban drumming, salsa, and cooking lessons
- Zip-line and hike in the striking Viñales Valley
- Soak up authentic Cuban life at art communities and privately run paladares
As Cuba enters a new era, it’s an incredible time to visit―both for the rich culture that is still robustly alive and for the natural splendor so often out of reach to travelers. Our family journey reveals the full breadth of beauty, intrigue, and adventure, skillfully balancing Cuban culture with outdoor activities. We explore the vibrant capital of Havana with Afro-Cuban drumming and Cuban art. Then, continuing into the countryside, we discover a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and the lush Viñales Valley. Along the way there are opportunities for hiking, horseback riding, and zip-lining.
The trip you put together for us was incredible. The people we met, the lecturers we had, the arts we saw—every little thing exceeded all of my expectations. This trip enlightened me so much about Cuba's history, people, relationship with the US and world, challenges, future, and day-to-day life. I could go on for days....– MICHAEL R.
1 – 2
In Havana, Cuba's heart and soul, discover the old town by foot and bici-taxi, learn about Cuban percussion at a drumming class, and see how cigars are made Admire mosaics in Jaimanitas.
Your day in the stunning Viñales Valley includes zip-lining, a hike to a traditional Cuban lunch in the beautiful countryside, and time to explore the downtown area, with a visit to a local artist’s studio.
4 – 6
A local chef welcomes you into his home for a cooking class Explore a farm, opt to horseback ride, and visit Hemingway's home Embrace Cuban rhythm at a fun-filled salsa lesson and a sensational dance show by Havana Queens, an award-winning local dance company Depart for home.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered November–May
From $5875 per adult and $4830 per child (Recommended minimum age is 9 years old)* (Custom Trip)
*The above price is an estimate only, based on a trip of six days minimum and a family of four sharing two rooms.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Where GeoEx Travel Experts Are Dreaming of Going in 2021Read More
Top Nine GeoEx Instagram Posts of 2019Read More
When to Start Planning Your TripRead More
Why You Should Join an All-Women’s Cultural Trip to CubaRead More
Yes, You Can Still Travel to Cuba From the US with GeoExRead More
Where We’re Going in 2019: Great Travel Destinations & MoreRead More