Custom Travel | 11 Days
- Experience Saigon—from temples and markets to café culture and hidden corners
- Behold the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Hoi An, Hue, and Halong Bay
- Journey along the Mekong Delta by boat
- Learn about Vietnamese street food during a walking tour of Hanoi
- Enjoy luxurious city hotels and charming, comfortable countryside abodes
With its sweeping coastline, majestic mountains, lush countryside, and fast-paced cities, Vietnam’s landscapes are as intriguingly varied as its history. Its culture has bent to many winds, yet has remained deeply, bravely rooted. This journey introduces you to the vivacious essence of Vietnam, taking you slowly up the country’s arc and revealing areas most integral to its soul—all in top style. As with any GeoEx Custom Trip, we’ll adjust the itinerary to your preferences—more time here, less time there—or happily, skillfully build something entirely from scratch.
Dealing with a custom trip for a small group like us, each with many opinions and interests, can be challenging. Sara was receptive to our needs and desires. After numerous e-mails and itinerary revisions, we ended up with a wonderful trip and experience.– CASEY M.
1 – 3
Arrive in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) and join your guide to explore its historic sites and markets, dine in its best restaurants, and stroll its bubbling streets.
4 – 5
The Mekong Delta welcomes you for leisurely boat and bike rides to see village life View the Khmer Pagoda, fly to Danang, and drive to Hoi An.
In the old port town of Hoi An, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and shopper’s heaven, tour homes of 17th-century merchants, delight in local cuisine, and learn the art of making silk lanterns.
7 – 8
Cross Pass of the Clouds to reach the old imperial capital of Hue, where you'll roam pagodas and palaces Time in a riverside hamlet offers a look at the traditional Vietnamese way of life.
9 – 11
After flying to Hanoi, join a chef for culinary tour, exploring markets, street food, and cafés Visit the award-winning ethnology museum and other great monuments Depart for home or Halong Bay.
11 – 13
Optional Halong Bay Extension: Cruise by deluxe boat through limestone towers with chances to swim, snorkel, and visit caves and villages Return to Hanoi for water puppetry Depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
Custom Trip: From $7,450 per person
Optional Halong Bay Extension (3 days): From $1,275 per person
based on two travelers, double occupancy; please call for individually tailored recommendations and pricing
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance