Custom Travel | 10 Days
- A unique, customizable journey in one of Southeast Asia’s least-visited countries
- Engage with tribal villagers in the north
- Overnight cruise by traditional riverboat reveals stunning scenery
- Haggle for textiles in Luang Prabang
- Spend multiple nights in intelligently conceived eco-lodges
Not that the rest of Laos is all that traveled, but this unusual trip takes you into the country’s decidedly less traveled north, where you roam in fabulously green hills, visit remote villages, and enjoy smartly designed sustainable tourism projects. You’ll hike in the Golden Triangle, engage with the fascinating Akha people, discover scenic Muang La, travel by riverboat to the small town of Nong Khio, and marvel at the Pak Ou Caves. And if you’d like to spend more time in Luang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, or to adjust this itinerary further, we’re happy to make the arrangements.
Thank you for planning an absolutely fabulous adventure. We can't wait to work with you again.– HESTER S.
1 – 3
After a night in Vientiane, fly north and hike among tribal communities in the jungles near Luang Namtha See temples, museums, and textile studios.
4 – 6
Visit Ikhor and Lanten minority villages en route to Muang Sing, a colorful market for local hill tribes Learn about rice wine production.
7 – 8
A cruise by traditional riverboat carries you down the Nam Ou River to Nong Khio, offering spectacular scenery along the way.
9 – 10
Explore the sacred, Buddha-filled Pak Ou Caves before continuing to Luang Prabang, the country's best-known city Depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered October–April
From $5825 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance