Custom Travel | 9 Days
- The luxury Alaska tour adventure you’ve dreamed about
- Exquisitely remote Alaskan lodges—only accessible by plane or boat
- Jaw-dropping mountains, glaciers, rain forests, and fjords
- Thrilling wildlife sightings, from bears to eagles to whales
- Myriad activity options: heli-hiking, kayaking, fishing, and more
They say it’s easy to get lost in Alaska—a good thing, if you know where to go. We’ve hand-selected two supremely comfortable and remote wilderness lodges—reachable only by boat or bush plane—to immerse you in its pristine wilderness. You can helicopter to jaw-dropping glaciers one day, walk alongside bears the next, and then kayak through spellbinding fjords. And should there be a hiccup in your trip due to Alaska’s unpredictable environment and complex logistics, we’re ready with a backup plan.
1 – 2
Arrive in Anchorage and overnight A float plane whisks you into the Alaska Range, then touches down on a sparkling lake in front of Winterlake Lodge.
3 – 4
The on-site helicopter delivers you to isolated ridges and breathtaking meadows to hike, fly-fish, river raft, visit with sled dogs at their summer glacier camp, and watch for bears and moose Savor a massage and gourmet cuisine.
Fly by float plane to the Kenai Peninsula, where dramatic fjords have been carved into 7,000-foot mountains Tutka Bay Lodge welcomes you to its cozy collection of cabins and sprawling deck.
6 – 7
Options abound for discovering this wilderness area, including a coastal brown bear walking safari (a huge highlight), deep-sea fishing, kayaking alongside otters, hiking through old-growth Sitka spruce, cooking classes, and yoga.
Return to Anchorage by bush plane and overnight.
Depart for home, or extend your stay in Wrangell-Saint Elias National Park, and settle in at the wonderfully remote Ultima Thule Lodge.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered June to September.
Custom Trip: From $19,500 per person
estimate based on two travelers, sharing a room
- All accommodations
- Most meals
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Where Global Travel Experts Are Going in 2022Read More
Travel in 2021: GeoEx Staff StoriesRead More
Flying High: Best Helicopter Tours In The WorldRead More
Where We’re Going in 2019: Great Travel Destinations & MoreRead More
Close Encounters with Bears in AlaskaRead More
Staff Roundup: Unexpected WondersRead More