Iceland: Land of Awe
Custom Travel | 7 Days
- Off-the-beaten-path experiences, smartly timed visits, and hand-picked atmospheric lodgings
- Spectacular waterfalls, lava fields, glaciers, geysers, and snowcapped volcanoes
- Spot puffins on an ocean safari in the Vestmannaeyjar archipelago
- Sophisticated Reykjavík and island lore
Volcanoes, glaciers, hot springs, cool, mossy valleys—Icelandic landscapes are the stuff of fairy tales. (It’s no wonder locals talk about respecting the elves.) This custom Iceland travel adventure focuses on the southern coast of this living, breathing island. Traveling by souped-up four-by-four, you sample the Nordic lifestyle of design-rich and fashion-forward Reykjavik, spot sea life and whales, and venture into dramatic scenery through the Golden Circle, Westman Islands, and Reykjanes Peninsula. To steer clear of the increasing number of travelers, we arrange experiences away from the crowds on our land of fire and ice tour. Your trip will benefit from smartly timed visits and a stay at The Silica at the Blue Lagoon with premium access.
Alight in Reykjavík, Iceland, the world's most northerly capital.
Whale watching and descent into the astonishing Thrihnukagigur volcano magma chamber.
Your guide introduces you to Golden Circle wonders, including120-foot Strokkur geyser, 10-story Gullfoss waterfall, and Thingvellir National Park, where you’ll discover seismic beauty and 1,000 years of history.
4 – 5
Zip by Zodiac to a puffin colony in the lava-draped Westman Islands, take in stunning vistas of active Eyjafjallajökull volcano, and explore Husafell National Park, characterized by dense woods of mainly birch trees.
6 – 7
Journey along the scenic Reykjanes Peninsula with its unique geological formations Enjoy exclusive access to the Blue Lagoon, a soothing geothermal pool where black-sand beaches and silica-blue water make for surprising scenery Return to Reykjavík and depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round.
Custom Trip: From $11,900 per person
estimate based on two travelers, sharing a room
- All accommodations
- Most meals
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Services of local guides, driver, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance