Adventure Across Sri Lanka
Private Travel | 10 Days
Private Ready-to-Book Journeys
These carefully curated journeys save you precious planning time without sacrificing any of the travel expertise and in-country connections you’d expect from GeoEx.
- UNESCO wonders of the Cultural Triangle, wildlife of Yala National Park, and Tea Country by train
- Insider experiences: rural school visit, an introduction to Ayurvedic medicine, and a village cricket match
- Hands-on activities: feed and bathe an elephant, take a cooking lesson with an executive chef, and walk tea plantation trails
- Luxurious lodgings and top-notch guides complete this immersive itinerary
At a humble 140 miles across, the teardrop-shaped isle of Sri Lanka boasts a surprising wealth of cultural and natural treasures, making a slower pace of travel here ideal. Between excursions to the Sinhalese dynastic wonders of the Cultural Triangle, choose from exciting activities like feeding elephants and playing cricket. Explore the UNESCO-listed archaeological sites at Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa and head out on safari in search of elephants at Minneriya National Park. Then, take a sensational train ride to Tea Country before exploring the tea trails on foot, by bike, and by kayak. On the southern coast, keep watch for the elusive leopard on safari in Yala National Park, and finish the adventure wandering the Dutch colonial seaport, Galle Fort.
1 – 3
Arriving in Sri Lanka, fly to Sigiriya and dive into archaeological wonders straightaway with a climb to the rock fortress Visit a rural school and help bathe elephants.
Explore Polonnaruwa by bicycle, admiring ancient ruins, stupas, and temples Enjoy the elephant sightings in Minneriya National Park and dine in a rural farm house.
5 – 6
Drive to Kandy for a sensational train ride to Hatton, where Tea Country awaits for leisure walks, croquet games, and kayaking Visit a tea factory and learn the drink’s beguiling history.
7 – 8
Fly to the southern coast to Yala National Park and join afternoon game drives, tracking endangered crocodiles and impressive flocks of migratory birds Keep watch for rare leopard sightings.
9 – 10
Drive to the Dutch colonial Galle Fort, stopping to admire stilt fishermen en route Discover the seaport on foot, exploring shops and cafes through hidden alleyways Return to Colombo for you flight home.
Dates & Prices
Private Trips offered year–round—just choose your dates and confirm.
Private Trip: $8,865 per person
Private Trip: $9,365 per person
based on double occupancy
- All accommodations
- Most meals
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
The Supreme Soak: Best Hotel Bathtubs Around the WorldRead More
When to Start Planning Your TripRead More
Why We Love to Tour Sri LankaRead More
Places We Love: Top Travel Destinations In The World for 2019Read More
A Butter Lamp Offering for Anthony BourdainRead More
10 Great Places to Travel This DecemberRead More