Adventure Across Sri Lanka
Custom Travel | 10 Days
- UNESCO wonders of the Cultural Triangle, wildlife of Yala National Park, and Tea Country by train
- Insider experiences: rural school visit, private martial arts performance, and a village cricket match
- Hands-on activities: feed and bathe an elephant, learn to make lanterns, and walk tea plantation trails
- Luxurious lodgings and a flexible itinerary which can be tailored to you
- Optional extension to the Maldives for beach time on the Laamu Atoll
At a humble 140 miles across, the teardrop-shaped isle of Sri Lanka boasts a surprising wealth of cultural and natural treasures, making a slower pace of travel here ideal. Between excursions to the Sinhalese dynastic wonders of the Cultural Triangle, choose from exciting activities like feeding elephants, making kites, and playing cricket. Explore the UNESCO-listed archaeological sites at Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa and head out on safari in search of elephants at Minneriya National Park. Then, take a sensational train ride to Tea Country before exploring the tea trails on foot, by bike, and by kayak. On the southern coast, keep watch for the elusive leopard on safari in Yala National Park, and spend your last moments wandering the Dutch colonial seaport, Galle Fort.
1 – 3
Arriving in Sri Lanka, fly to Sigiriya and dive into archaeological wonders straightaway with a climb to the rock fortress Visit a rural school and watch a traditional angampora martial arts performance.
Explore Polonnaruwa by bicycle, admiring ancient ruins, stupas, and temples Enjoy the elephant sightings in Minneriya National Park and dine in a rural farm house.
5 – 6
Drive to Kandy for a sensational train ride to Hatton, where Tea Country awaits for leisure walks, croquet games, and kayaking Visit a tea factory and learn the drink’s beguiling history.
7 – 8
Fly to the southern coast to Yala National Park and join afternoon game drives, tracking endangered crocodiles and impressive flocks of migratory birds Keep watch for rare leopard sightings.
9 – 10
Drive to the Dutch colonial Galle Fort, stopping to admire stilt fishermen en route Discover the seaport on foot, exploring shops and cafes through hidden alleyways Depart for home or extend to the Maldives.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $8,500 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
When to Start Planning Your TripRead More
Why We Love to Tour Sri LankaRead More
Places We Love: Top Travel Destinations In The World for 2019Read More
A Butter Lamp Offering for Anthony BourdainRead More
10 Great Places to Travel This DecemberRead More
Capturing the Soul of Sri LankaRead More