Luxury Group Travel | 12 Days
- Epic Himalayan scenery—including close-ups of Everest by helicopter—without the crowds
- Tibetan Buddhism and Sherpa culture in remote Solu Khumbu and Mustang Districts
- Behind-the-scenes access through American Himalayan Foundation projects empowering Nepalese people
- Insider opportunities including meditating with monks, meeting artisans and royalty, and more
- Himalayan and GeoEx history through the stories of veteran GeoEx trip leader Vassi Koutsaftis
Drawing on decades of adventures and friendships in the Himalaya, we worked with the American Himalayan Foundation to craft an enchanting Giving Back adventure celebrating and benefiting Tibetan, Sherpa, and Nepali people and traditions.
Journey into the foothills of Everest, the homeland of the Sherpa people, and helicopter to remote Mustang, where ancient Tibetan traditions are thriving. Stops in Pokhara and Kathmandu reveal positive, tangible change through access to American Himalayan Foundation and other NGO programs supporting vulnerable people across the Himalaya.
Located in the tiny village of Phaplu in northeast Nepal, the Happy House is the bucket list destination of your restless-in-lockdown dreams.– FORBES
1 – 2
Arrive at UNESCO-listed Kathmandu Valley Explore Newar history and architecture accompanied by a local historian Take tea with students from AHF’s highly successful Stop Girl Trafficking program and visit another AHF project changing children’s lives.
3 – 6
Fly by private charter into the foothills of Everest to trace the history of the Sherpa people through monastery and village visits and interactions with local people Stay at the Happy House, a grand Sherpa home steeped in mountaineering history, taking walks in the dazzling Himalayan countryside Option for an overnight camping trip with panoramic views of the mountains.
7 – 9
Board helicopters for a fly-by of Everest and spectacular scenery en route to Mustang Discover Upper Mustang’s Tibetan heritage through bucolic walled villages and mysterious sky caves See cultural revival in progress at ancient Buddhist monasteries, meeting artisans and educators.
Touch down at the lakeside city of Pokhara for Annapurna views, farm-to-table cuisine, and a project supporting Himalayan communities.
11 – 12
Back in Kathmandu, explore more of the history of the Kathmandu Valley and enjoy a private farewell dinner behind closed doors in the courtyard of the Patan Museum.
Dates & Prices
09/26/22 – 10/07/22 Limited space; please call
10/26/22 – 11/06/22 Limited space; please call
04/23/23 – 05/04/23
10/08/23 – 10/19/23
Giving Back Group Trip: From $11,575 per person
based on double occupancy
Internal Air & Helicopters: $3,900 per person
Tax-deductible donation to the American Himalayan Foundation: $1,000 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, national and local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Where Global Travel Experts Are Going in 2022Read More
Where to Go in 2022: Our Expert PicksRead More
Heartful Homecoming: A Conversation with Peter HillaryRead More
Tomorrow – Experiencing Hindu Death RitualsRead More
A Butter Lamp Offering for Anthony BourdainRead More
The Man Who Told FuturesRead More