Connecting with South Korea
Custom | 10 Days | Easy Touring
- A journey designed for you: this sample itinerary is just a starting point
- Explore old and new, from ancient kingdoms to urban life and the DMZ
- Expert guides take you to Seoul, Gyeongju, and Jeju Island
- Insider experiences, such as private tea ceremony and meeting with a monk
- Stunning mountains, spring cherry blossoms, and turning fall leaves
Age-old traditions intermingle with warp-speed modern culture in South Korea, enticing adventurers in search of less-touristed East Asia. Quality time in Seoul means tantalizing cuisine, peaceful temples, and buzzing night markets. In the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), a surreal place, you'll learn about the the geopolitically sizzling border separating North and South. You'll see why Gyeongju bills itself “a museum without walls,” discover the burgeoning film and design hub of Busan, and revel in the natural wonders of volcanic Jeju Island. We'll tailor insider experiences for you, such as calligraphy lessons, cooking classes, hikes on hidden trails, temple visits, and family-friendly tae kwon do.
Seoul is a mix of ancient courtyards and modern high-rises surrounded by lush mountains Watch the changing of the guard at Gyeongbok Palace, enjoy a cooking lesson, and wander kinetic night markets.
Experience the DMZ, separating South and North Korea A train whisks you to Gyeongju, where you observe monks practicing the martial art of sunmudo.
In Gyeongsangnam-do province, historical and natural sites abound, like Seokguram Grotto, where a giant Buddha looks out to sea.
Busan, Korea’s second-largest city, sits among scenic islets, mountains, and fine beaches Contemplate Tongdosa Temple and visit a women-run fish market Fly to Jeju Island.
The volcanic isle of Jeju reveals natural masterpieces, like Manjanggul Cave, Cheonjiyeon Falls, and Seongsan-ri crater Stroll Yeomiji Botanical Gardens and Yakcheonsa Temple and watch free-diving Haenyo women in action Return to Seoul fora last night.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $7450 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of national guide, drivers, and other staff
- Most gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance