Peru: Treasures of the Inca
Luxury Group Travel | 7 Days
- Our quintessential Peru trip experience, guided by over 30 years of experience
- Two visits to Machu Picchu, with the option to trek or travel by train
- Quechua culinary and weaving traditions at Sacred Valley villages
- Incan archaeology and colonial architecture in Cusco, Pisac, and Ollantaytambo
- Stays in ideally located historic mansions and cloud forest lodges
- Optional Lima extension exploring Pizarro’s influence and Incan roots
Traveling through dramatic Andean scenery, zigzag through Peru’s multi-faceted history as you’re invited into small rural communities in the Sacred Valley to sample earthy Quechua flavors, witness bold traditional designs being woven on backstrap looms, and partake in a festive pachamanca feast. Explore magnificent Incan stonework in Moray’s mysterious terraces and massive walls in the Cusco Valley, then spend time over two days wandering the ruins of iconic Machu Picchu. Stroll over colonial cobblestones and take in landmark churches, all accompanied by expert guides and superior service.
1 – 2
Opt for the Lima pre-trip extension to begin your adventure with the bohemian Barranco neighborhood, Pizarro’s conquistador legacy, and the world’s most extensive pre-Columbian art collection Enjoy a free evening to delve into Lima's exciting culinary scene on your own.
3 – 5
Spend three full days in the Sacred Valley, where Quechua communities invite you to experience their foods, farms, weaving, and homes—you may even meet some alpacas and vicuñas! Discover stunning Incan ruins and colonial architecture at Pisac, Moray, and Ollantaytambo.
6 – 7
Choose to arrive by train or hike along the Inca Trail to enter the enchanting citadel of Machu Picchu Arise the next day for a spectacular hike and a different perspective on the photogenic ruins
8 – 9
Cusco Valley reveals multiple impressive Incan archaeological complexes In town, mingle with Quechua descendants of the Inca and marvel at colonial churches and ancient stone walls before departing for Lima and home.
Dates & Prices
06/06/24 – 06/13/24
07/11/24 – 07/18/24
Group Trip: From $6,725 per person
Optional Lima Extension (1 day): From $1,520 per person
based on double occupancy
- All accommodations
- Most meals
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance