Machu Picchu & the Urubamba
Custom Travel | 7 Days
- Fabled archaeological sites
- Cusco’s mix of living Incan walls and Spanish colonial architecture
- View the Sacred Valley of the Incas from the cliffside ruins of Ollantaytambo
- See the morning mist curl among the ruins of Machu Picchu
- Ideal Machu Picchu & Urubamba trip itinerary for a short getaway
Past and present intertwine in Peru beautifully, dramatically. The Incas were world-class builders and thinkers—and the story of their downfall is heartrending. After flying to Lima and on to the old Incan capital of Cusco, wend your way down to explore the fabled Urubamba Valley ruins of Pisac, Moray, Maras, and Ollantaytambo. Then travel by train to Machu Picchu, the crown jewel of Incan civilization. Return to Lima by way of Cusco, with time to explore both fascinating cities.
1 – 3
Arrive in Lima, fly to Cusco and drive to the Urubamba, Sacred Valley of the Incas Spend two days exploring the fascinating ruins of Pisac, Maras, Moray, and Ollantaytambo.
4 – 5
Journey by train to Machu Picchu, the sublime jewel of Incan civilization After ample time to explore the ruins of this fabled lost city, return to Cusco.
Wander Cusco’s charmingly narrow streets, lined with Inca-built stone walls At the rim of the Cusco Valley, during the height of their empire, the Incas built their most impressive fortresses and temples.
Fly back to Lima and explore its historic center A visit to the outstanding archaeological museum tells the stories of the many civilizations that preceded the Incas and the tale of their sudden demise.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round.
Custom Trip: From $6,300 per person
estimate based on two travelers, sharing a room
Prefer to join a small group trip? See our Peru: Treasures of the Inca itinerary.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance