Machu Picchu & the Galápagos Islands
Custom Travel | 13 Days
- Combine two South American treasures into one incredible Custom Trip
- GeoEx tailors your itinerary and handles the complex logistics
- Behold masterful Incan stonework in Machu Picchu, Cusco, and the Sacred Valley
- Meet marine iguanas and giant tortoises on a Galápagos cruise
- Opt to add a Lima culinary tour, Amazon visit, time at a historic hacienda, and more
Boasting four UNESCO World Heritage Sites, there is no other adventure in our roster of South American ramblings that packs in such a variance of epic highlights. Combining the Incan heartland of Peru with a Galápagos voyage offers the richest combination of cultural and natural history imaginable. You can start by exploring the Sacred Valley, the terraced ruins of Pisac, jaw-dropping Machu Picchu, and colonial Cusco, and then spend five days sailing the Enchanted Isles aboard a carefully selected mid-sized yacht encountering wondrous wildlife. But this is just a suggestion. We’ll customize the itinerary to your interests and preferences.
The trip was amazing! My wife and I are now thoroughly spoiled…One could get used to the traveling care of Geographic Expeditions.– FREDERICK L.
1 – 1
Arrive in Lima.
2 – 3
Jet to Cusco and explore the Sacred Valley, from Pisac and Moray to Ollantaytambo, reveling in Incan fortresses and terraces, colorful markets, and indigenous villages.
4 – 4
Hike or ride the train to Machu Picchu, the crown jewel of Incan civilization Your private guide offers an inside look at the Lost City.
5 – 6
Return to Cusco to walk its enchanting streets lined with Incan walls and full of Quechua-speaking descendants of the Incas.
7 – 7
You are whisked by plane to Ecuador's coastal city of Guayaquil, where you gear up for a new adventure.
8 – 11
Fly to the Galápagos and embark on your cruise Commune with sea lions, blue-footed boobies, lava lizards, and other species during snorkeling, kayaking, and hiking outings with naturalist guides.
12 – 13
Watch for finches on Santa Cruz Island before flying to Guayaquil or Quito Depart for home.
ECUADOR & PERU EXTENSIONS
Consider tying together not just the Galápagos and Machu Picchu, but also the Amazon, Ecuadorian highlands (with volcanoes, haciendas, textile markets, and rain-forest lodges), Lake Titicaca, and more. We're happy to make the arrangements.
IGTOA Galápagos Traveler Conservation Fund
Your GeoEx Galápagos trip contributes to the IGTOA Galápagos Traveler Conservation Fund, supporting critical conservation projects through partners like the Charles Darwin Foundation, WildAid, and Sea Shepard, and local initiatives like schools.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered April–November
Custom Trip: From $14,750 per person
based on two travelers, double occupancy; please call for individually tailored recommendations and pricing
Note: Cruise is on a shared basis.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Shore landings, presentations, and activities per the
- vessel’s daily program
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, an expedition leader, lecturers/naturalists, and support staff during voyage
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
A Journey Built Just For You
Take customization to the next level on a journey fully tailored to you. GeoEx's destination specialists will gladly tailor this existing itinerary—or build one completely from scratch—to suit your style, interests, and time frame. Contact us to see what's possible.Start The Conversation
Where Our Travel Experts are Going in 2023Read More
Where Global Travel Experts Are Going in 2022Read More
Where to Go in 2022: Our Expert PicksRead More
Travel in 2021: GeoEx Staff StoriesRead More
Galápagos Family Adventure: The Trip That Changed Our LivesRead More
The Galápagos Are Open to Travelers: Here’s What You Need to KnowRead More
Best of BrazilLearn More
Custom EgyptLearn More