Machu Picchu & the Galápagos Islands
Custom Travel | 13 Days
- Combine two South American treasures into one incredible Custom Trip
- GeoEx tailors your itinerary and handles the complex logistics
- Behold masterful Incan stonework in Machu Picchu, Cusco, and the Sacred Valley
- Meet marine iguanas and giant tortoises on a Galápagos cruise
- Opt to add a Lima culinary tour, Amazon visit, time at a historic hacienda, and more
Boasting four UNESCO World Heritage Sites, there is no other adventure in our roster of South American ramblings that packs in such a variance of epic highlights. Combining the Incan heartland of Peru with a Galápagos voyage offers the richest combination of cultural and natural history imaginable. You can start by exploring the Sacred Valley, the terraced ruins of Pisac, jaw-dropping Machu Picchu, and colonial Cusco, and then spend five days sailing the Enchanted Isles aboard a carefully selected mid-sized yacht encountering wondrous wildlife. But this is just a suggestion. We’ll customize the itinerary to your interests and preferences.
The trip was amazing! My wife and I are now thoroughly spoiled…One could get used to the traveling care of Geographic Expeditions.– FREDERICK L.
1 – 1
Arrive in Lima.
2 – 3
Jet to Cusco and explore the Sacred Valley, from Pisac and Moray to Ollantaytambo, reveling in Incan fortresses and terraces, colorful markets, and indigenous villages.
4 – 4
Hike or ride the train to Machu Picchu, the crown jewel of Incan civilization Your private guide offers an inside look at the Lost City.
5 – 6
Return to Cusco to walk its enchanting streets lined with Incan walls and full of Quechua-speaking descendants of the Incas.
7 – 7
You are whisked by plane to Ecuador's coastal city of Guayaquil, where you gear up for a new adventure.
8 – 11
Fly to the Galápagos and embark on your cruise Commune with sea lions, blue-footed boobies, lava lizards, and other species during snorkeling, kayaking, and hiking outings with naturalist guides.
12 – 13
Watch for finches on Santa Cruz Island before flying to Guayaquil or Quito Depart for home.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered April–November
Custom Trip: From $14,750 per person
based on two travelers, double occupancy; please call for individually tailored recommendations and pricing
Note: Cruise is on a shared basis.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Shore landings, presentations, and activities per the
- vessel’s daily program
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, an expedition leader, lecturers/naturalists, and support staff during voyage
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance