Natural North New Zealand
Custom Travel | 11 Days
- A private, custom-designed journey: this itinerary is a starting point
- Acclaimed wine and architecture in Hawke’s Bay
- Hike in UNESCO-listed Tongariro National Park and learn about Maori traditions
- Revel in Rotorua’s geothermal landscapes and a helicopter excursion to White Island
- Cruise the Bay of Islands by yacht
New Zealand’s reputation among eager travelers is about as sterling as reputations get. We crafted this private journey to take in the highlights, both renowned and lesser known, of the spectacularly charming North Island. During your far-ranging look at the island, you’ll stay in some of the finest, friendliest, and most engagingly designed lodges and hotels in a nation famed for its fine hostelries. Hiking, whitewater rafting, and boating opportunities abound, as do chances for more relaxed cultural exploring. And naturally, if you wish to combine this adventure with time on the South Island, we’ll gladly and skillfully make the arrangements.
I'm not sure we've ever had a trip that went so smoothly. That's partly attributable to New Zealand itself, but a lot of credit goes to GeoEx. Thanks so much for helping us have such a wonderful time.– JOHN G.
It was totally awesome. We loved it, and loved that we spent almost no time thinking about the trip before we went—everything was done for us.– RICHARD G.
1 – 3
After overnighting in Auckland, fly to Hawke's Bay and get to know the region's award-winning wines and Art Deco and Spanish Mission architecture.
4 – 5
In UNESCO-listed Tongariro National Park, learn about the area's cultural importance to the Maori people and revel in volcanic scenery as you hike past lava flows, steam vents, and emerald-colored lakes.
6 – 7
Explore the thermal wonderland of Rotorua, admiring bubbling mud pools and geysers A chef leads you to gather herbs for dinner, explaining Maori ingredients.
You're whisked by helicopter to White Island, New Zealand’s most active volcano, where you touch down to discover hot streams and vibrant sulfur formations.
9 – 11
Fly north to the Bay of Islands to yacht among charming coves and beaches and feast on fresh scallops Cape Reinga, set at the country's northern tip, is yours to discover by plane and foot Wing your way back to Auckland for departing flights.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered October–April
From $12,500 per person (Custom Trip)
(above price based on two travelers sharing a room)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance