Seven Gates to Morocco
Custom Travel | 13 Days
- A customizable journey in Africa’s “Exotic Gateway”; we’ll tailor it to you
- Explore with Lahcen Zaaim, a Morocco native and exceptional guide
- Sleep beneath Sahara stars in a private Bedouin-style camp
- Marvel at modern and ancient cities, mountains, bazaars, dunes, and more
- Enjoy wonderful, carefully chosen lodgings that combine comfort and authentic charm
One of the world’s great travel destinations, Morocco offers stunning variety, from the white beaches of the Atlantic Coast to the snowy High Atlas Mountains and the palm oases perched on the edge of the Sahara. This Custom Trip, whose name is a bow to the welcoming gates that grace so many Moroccan towns, has been handcrafted to reveal our favorite spots and showcase the country’s unique history, arts, and food. Your private guide weaves stories of Morocco’s cultural traditions and is a valuable friend in opening opportunities to meet local people.
All of our party were seasoned travelers and we all agreed that the Morocco trip was one of our top travel experiences. Thank you for your generous and patient assistance in arranging our wonderful Moroccan experience.– ED & LINDA H.
Arrive in Rabat, the capital, and visit acclaimed monuments such as the Hassan Tower.
2 – 3
In Fès, Morocco's cultural heart, your guide leads you past minarets and through the labyrinthine medina, introducing artisans and traditions like woodcarving and leather making.
History reveals itself in Meknès' palaces and the Roman city of Volubilis, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
5 – 7
Venturing into the Sahara, revel in a night at a Bedouin-style camp After a sunrise camel ride, follow the scenic Route des Kasbahs to Ouarzazate.
8 – 9
Hike and visit Berber villages in the High Atlas Mountains, wandering among apple orchards, walnut groves, welcoming people, and views of Jebel Toubkal, the highest peak in North Africa.
10 – 11
Discover Marrakech's lively souk, lush gardens, and elegant architecture, as well as its wildly animated main square, the Djemaa el Fna Your luxury riad's spa may beckon.
12 – 13
A cooking class with a local chef offers insights into traditional dishes and their Berber, Arab, Moorish, Jewish, French, Ottoman, and Spanish influences Drive to Casablanca and depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $11,650 (Custom Trip)
(based on two guests, sharing a room)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
International Travel During Covid-19: Reports from Our TravelersRead More
Where GeoEx Travel Experts Are Dreaming of Going in 2021Read More
When to Start Planning Your TripRead More
To Si Mohammed, in FezRead More
Negotiating with Nomads in MoroccoRead More
Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites You May Never Have Heard OfRead More