Southern Tanzania’s Wildlife Frontier
Custom Travel | 14 Days
- Explore some of Africa’s most remote parks, away from tour groups and safari vehicles
- Track chimpanzees in the jungles of Mahale Mountains National Park
- Selous Game Reserve, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Stay at stylish camps amid abundant wildlife
Southern Tanzania boasts several of Africa’s wildest parks, the kind that are overflowing with a tremendous variety of wildlife and an abundance of rugged, remote terrain that remains largely unexplored. On this customizable safari, you’ll experience this far-flung region like a true thrill-seeker: flying from one nature extravaganza to another, searching out massive herds of buffaloes and floats of crocodiles; tracking wild chimpanzees through their native rain forest; and watching for wild dogs. All this while staying in stylish tents and camps far from other humans.
1 – 2
Overnight in Arusha before flying by charter to the country's wild southwest, a vast and changing landscape with a delightful dearth of safari vehicles Enjoy an afternoon game drive.
3 – 5
Outings in little-visited Katavi National Park traverse riverine forests, fractured floodplains, and seasonal rivers that sustain exuberant collections of buffalo, elephants, crocodiles, and hungry predators.
6 – 8
Fly to Lake Tanganyika and boat into Mahale Mountains National Park, where you hike into the rain forest to encounter wild chimpanzees There's time to swim, kayak, and fish.
9 – 10
Winging your way to Ruaha National Park, discover its extreme ecological diversity featuring everything from birds to leopards stretching on baobab trees.
11 – 14
Fly to Selous Game Reserve to spot kingfishers, hippos, and even wild dogs amid grasslands, wetlands, and woodlands, sleeping in riverside cottages Continue to Dar es Salaam and depart.
Dates & Prices
Offered year-round (June–September is best)
From $18,730 per person. Please call for individually tailored recommendations and pricing.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance