Treasures of Zambia
Custom Travel | 9 Days
- Zambia safari excursions by canoe, foot, four-by-four, and helicopter
- Top-notch camps and lodges, situated for sensational views
- One of southern Africa’s wildest regions with bountiful wildlife
- Insightful, personalized encounters with animals, from the Big Five to butterflies
- Easy extension to majestic Victoria Falls, staying at a splendid camp on the Zambezi River
This rare walking and canoeing safari explores the spectacular scenery, flora, and fauna of Zambia’s South Luangwa Valley, the Lower Zambezi, and Kafue National Park—all based from some of the continent’s most fetching and reposeful camps and small lodges. Alongside skilled safari guides, you’ll roam savannahs and floodplains by foot, open vehicle, boat, and helicopter, enjoying an unusually wide range of active options. There’s ample time for lazing at camp and gazing at African wildlife—elephant, buffalo, leopard, lion, giraffe, hippo, and hundreds of bird species—as it flies, drifts, jaunts, and gallops nearby.
From the moment I landed, everything was seamless, including all the travel between safari camps—no small task considering there are no real roads in the bush. The camps GeoEx chose were eco-friendly, had great amenities and an extremely knowledgeable staff, and were in prime locations.– LAUREN V.
Fly from Lusaka to the South Luangwa Valley and settle into a lodge situated between the Muchinga escarpment and the mighty Luangwa River.
2 – 5
Highly personalized bush camp adventures get you intimate with the landscape and its inhabitants, from meandering termites to a bee-eater snaring a butterfly to hippos lazing in a lagoon.
6 – 8
Fly to Lower Zambezi National Park to track herds of elephants on foot, revel in moonlit game drives, and perhaps witness a hunting pride of lions.
Return to Lusaka or extend your trip to Kafue National Park for outings on the Busanga Plains (call for details).
PRIVATE SAFARI OPTIONS
For a more private, personalized, and flexible safari, we'll line up your own dedicated guides, game-viewing vehicles, and excursions. Options abound to make your safari even more exclusive, from romantic picnics and trips by private plane to a private mobile safari.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered June–November
Custom Trip: From $10,125 per person
based on two travelers, double occupancy; please call for individually tailored recommendations and pricing
Internal airfare: $1,100 per person
Park and Conservation Fees: $820 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
A Journey Built Just For You
Take customization to the next level on a journey fully tailored to you. GeoEx's destination specialists will gladly tailor this existing itinerary—or build one completely from scratch—to suit your style, interests, and time frame. Contact us to see what's possible.Start The Conversation
Where to See Big Cats in the WildRead More
Travel in 2021: GeoEx Staff StoriesRead More
The Supreme Soak: Best Hotel Bathtubs Around the WorldRead More
Where GeoEx Travel Experts Are Dreaming of Going in 2021Read More
Places We Love: Top Travel Destinations In The World for 2019Read More
Zambia: A Best-Kept Safari SecretRead More
Dunes & Wildlife of NamibiaLearn More
Wilds of BotswanaLearn More
Great Zimbabwe & the Mighty ZambeziLearn More