Best of Argentina: Mountains, Wineries & Iguazu Falls
Custom Travel | 12 Days
- Arts and flavors of the effervescent city of Buenos Aires with exciting options to suit any interest
- Patagonia’s breathtaking Lake District with ample time to hike, kayak, and fish
- Renowned wineries of Mendoza, exploring vineyards and valleys, where Andean condors soar overhead
- UNESCO-acclaimed Iguazu Falls from the comfort of one of the area’s most exclusive properties
- Custom trip—this sample itinerary is just a starting point
This journey highlights some of our favorite places, and as a private trip, there are nearly limitless options for customizing your Argentina adventure. Begin in Buenos Aires, a modern city with thriving culture, fascinating history, and loads of character. Travel to the small town of Villa La Angostura in the Nahuel Huapi National Park. Wander Patagonian forest trails and paddle mountain lakes before moving on to Mendoza, a celebrated wine-making region in the foothills of the Andes. Sample Malbecs and stroll vineyards with spectacular landscapes. Then fly to breathtaking Iguazu Falls, declared a World Heritage Area by UNESCO in 1984. Discover the flora and fauna of the Atlantic rain forest before returning to Buenos Aires.
1 – 2
Immerse yourself in Buenos Aires with an itinerary customized to your interests, ranging from trying out tango to roaming historic architecture to learning to make empanadas.
3 – 5
Fly to Bariloche and continue into the Patagonian wilderness at Nahuel Huapi National Park Explore your natural surroundings on land and by water with your guide.
6 – 8
Nestled into the Andean foothills is the wine-growing region of Mendoza Wander the Uco Valley with chances to spot the condor and sample the vintages that have made this region famous.
9 – 11
Arrive at the glorious falls at Iguazu via flight Watch for birds and flowers in verdant rain forest habitat and relax in your villa’s private plunge pool surrounded by the sounds of the jungle.
Return to Buenos Aires and depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $8,400 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Why We Love PatagoniaRead More
Where GeoEx Travel Experts are Going in 2020Read More
Top 10 Travel Destinations for 2020Read More
Reflections: My First Total Solar EclipseRead More
Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites You May Never Have Heard OfRead More
Surrendering to Seven Sights in Chilean PatagoniaRead More