Custom Travel | 15 Days
- Explore a far less-visited safari destination
- Join experts for day and night walks to spot incredible wildlife, including lemurs
- Sunrise at the Avenue of the Baobabs
- Spend time with the Antadroy people, learning their ancient customs
Most of us are a little hipper to Madagascar than Marco Polo, who almost seven centuries ago called it “… one of the greatest and richest Isles of the World . . .” The island nation, which has been isolated for 80 million years, continues to amaze its relatively few visitors. There is rampant greenery, fascinating culture, sweet beaches, untouched coral reefs, mystical forests, and otherworldly wildlife—80 percent of which is found nowhere else on earth (including its 100 plus species of signature lemurs). This customizable journey introduces you to its natural wonders in the company of expert guides and luxury lodgings.
Ajajajvy was probably the most wonderful place I have ever stayed. Loved being surrounded by lemurs and private beaches, great food and the kindest staff.– LORI B.
Arrive in Antananarivo, the 400-year-old highland capital commonly called Tana.
2 – 4
After driving to Andasibe-Mantadia National Park, spot lemurs and other diurnal and nocturnal species on guided rain-forest hikes Kick back in rustic bungalows at Mantadia Lodge.
5 – 7
Fly to Morondava to explore the fascinating Kirindy Forest and Avenue of the Baobabs Outings may reveal the fossa (Madagascar’s largest carnivorous mammal) and the narrow-striped mongoose.
8 – 10
A private charter flight whisks you the Mandrare River area for wildlife walks and drives, as well as music and dancing Learn customs of the Antadroy people and visit a market.
11 – 15
After a quick overnight in Tana, land in Anjajavy and settle into your Relais & Chateaux hotel Discover caves, beaches, birds, and reptiles Fly home from Antananarivo.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $13,165 per person (Custom Trip)
Internal Air: From $6265 per person (scheduled flights and private charters)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water or filtered at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance