Custom Travel | 15 Days
- Over 100 lemur species; birds, plants, and mammals found nowhere else
- Diverse ecosystems ranging from spiny forest to sandy beach to rain forest
- Day and night safari walks to discover endemic chameleons, tenrecs, fossa, and coua
- Ancient customs and current lives of the Antadroy people
- Sunset at the Avenue of the Baobabs, music and dancing in the Forest of Zenavo
Most of us are a little hipper to Madagascar than Marco Polo, who almost seven centuries ago called it “… one of the greatest and richest Isles of the World . . .” The island nation, which has been isolated for 80 million years, continues to amaze its relatively few visitors. There is rampant greenery, fascinating culture, sweet beaches, untouched coral reefs, mystical forests, and otherworldly wildlife—80 percent of which is found nowhere else on earth (including its 100 plus species of signature lemurs). This customizable journey introduces you to its natural wonders in the company of an expert guide and luxury lodgings.
Ajajajvy was probably the most wonderful place I have ever stayed. Loved being surrounded by lemurs and private beaches, great food and the kindest staff.– LORI B.
Arrive in Antananarivo, the 400-year-old highland capital commonly called Tana.
2 – 4
After driving to Andasibe-Mantadia National Park, spot lemurs and other diurnal and nocturnal species on guided rain-forest hikes Kick back in rustic bungalows at Mantadia Lodge.
5 – 6
Fly to Morondava to explore the fascinating Kirindy Forest and Avenue of the Baobabs Outings may reveal the fossa (Madagascar’s largest carnivorous mammal) and the narrow-striped mongoose.
7 – 10
A private charter flight whisks you the Mandrare River area for wildlife walks and drives, as well as music and dancing Learn customs of the Antadroy people and visit a market.
11 – 15
After a quick overnight in Tana, land in Anjajavy and settle into your Relais & Chateaux hotel Discover caves, beaches, birds, and reptiles Fly home from Antananarivo.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
Custom Trip: From $16,475 per person
based on double occupancy
Internal Air: From $6,965 per person (scheduled flights and private charters)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water or filtered at included meals and while sightseeing
- Private guide throughout
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance