Private Travel | 10 Days
Private Ready-to-Book Journeys
These carefully curated journeys save you precious planning time without sacrificing any of the travel expertise and in-country connections you’d expect from GeoEx.
- Top Japan experiences, with trips to Kyoto, Tokyo, Hakone, and Kanazawa
- Travel by train to key historic sites from Meiji Shrine to Nijo Castle
- Cultural explorations in Asakusa, Harajuku, and Arashiyama neighborhoods
- Volcanic views at Mt. Fuji and Owakudani Crater; private geothermal onsen
- Modern art museums, Tsukiji and Nishiki markets, and Kenrokuen Gardens
- Insider access: private taiko drumming lesson, Zen Buddhist lunch, more
At the intersection of tradition and innovation, Japan gracefully integrates its proud, ancient culture with a boundary-pushing embrace of the modern. Hit Tokyo’s historic highlights, taking in Edo-period architecture and celebrated temples. Explore the modern city via bustling markets and bold contemporary art. Travel by train into the mountains of Hakone where exquisite teahouses and volcanic scenery are complemented by evening soaks in your ryokan’s private onsen (hot springs). Stroll splendid gardens and see samurai houses in Kanazawa before riding the rails to Kyoto. Pass under the red torii gates of a Shinto shrine and marvel at towering bamboo groves before the journey ends.
1 – 3
Discover Tokyo’s past and present, visiting the Meiji Shrine, the Kusma Yayoi Museum, and Asakusa Take a private taiko drumming lesson and explore the Tsukiji Outer Market Depart by train to Hakone.
4 – 5
Step on to the ancient pavers of Tokaido road, luxuriate in a private mountain hot spring, visit an artisan studio, and spot volcanic Mt. Fuji before continuing to Kanazawa.
Kanazawa’s beautifully preserved thatched-roof houses transport you to ancient times, and its lovely Kenrokuen is considered one of Japan’s top gardens.
7 – 10
After arriving at Kyoto Station, explore Arashiyama temples and bamboo groves and experience a tea ceremony Visit Fushimi Inari Shrine and shop for kitchenware and snacks at Nishiki Market before departing for home.
Dates & Prices
Private Trips offered year–round—just choose your dates and confirm.
Private Trip: From $16,675 per person (based on two travelers, double occupancy)
Please call our Experts at 800-777-8183 for availability and pricing.
Prefer to join a small group trip? See our Unexplored Japan or Journey Through Ancient Japan itineraries.
- All accommodations
- Most meals
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
The Shikoku Effect: Generosity that TransformsRead More
The Year of the Great ReboundRead More
Unexplored Japan: Adventures in the Heart of the CountryRead More
Where Global Travel Experts Are Going in 2022Read More
Life-Changing Travel ExperiencesRead More
On a Quest in Kyoto for Traditional Woodblock PrintsRead More
Essence of ChinaLearn More
Edens of IndonesiaLearn More
Journey Through Ancient JapanLearn More