Edens of Indonesia
Custom Travel | 14 Days
- A private journey tailored to you: this itinerary is just a starting point
- Visit important Hindu and Buddhist monuments
- Cruise to secluded islands and snorkeling spots
- Top guides introduce you to local peoples: the Javanese, Balinese, and Torajans
- Encounter wildlife in Komodo National Park
To cover Indonesia in just one trip is a mind-boggling proposition—a staggering 17,000 islands make up this delightful archipelago. This private, customizable journey provides a judicious sampling of the region’s diversity. You can explore the massive Borobudur Temple, the floating homes of Lake Tempe, the villages of rural Bali, and the traditions of Tana Toraja. You may cruise through Komodo National Park, discovering exotic wildlife and deserted beaches. Or perhaps you have other ideas? We’ll handcraft a journey for you.
Our goals were lofty, and the GeoEx team exceeded them in all regards. It was an adventure into remote regions, and we could not have begun to organize or even think through the alternatives with which the GeoEx team is just so familiar.– Jon C.
1 – 2
Arriving in Yogyakarta, visit the massive Borobudur Temple (an important Buddhist pilgrimage site) and UNESCO-acclaimed Prambanan, built in the 9th century and the largest Hindu temple in Indonesia.
3 – 6
Fly to Sulawesi Island to explore Tana Toraja culture, which sets elaborate homes with curiously shaped roofs in rice paddies Discover iconic Lake Temple and weave through floating homes by long-tail boat.
7 – 10
In-depth explorations of Bali reveal lesser-known rural areas, cooperative rice farming practices, and ancient Hindu temples A local chef showcases the diversity of Indonesian food during a cooking class.
11 – 12
During a Komodo Archipelago cruise, sail by small boat to dreamy beaches and bays, stopping to snorkel and wander In Komodo National Park, watch for its namesake dragons, wild orchids, and macaque monkeys.
13 – 14
A flight returns you to Bali for a last day of guided sightseeing before you depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered April–October
From $8250 per person (Custom Trip)
(based on two travelers, sharing a room)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance