Treasures of Persia
Group Travel | 20 Days
- Travel with GeoEx, the longest-operating US travel company in Iran
- Iran’s striking beauty and modern intellect
- Engage in fascinating, culture-bridging conversations with locals
- Discover ancient Persepolis and Esfahan’s architectural treasures
- More than 10 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including pre-Islamic ruins
Iran, formerly known as Persia, is a country of extreme friendliness and piercing beauty, as many Westerners are finally discovering. We at GeoEx consider ourselves lucky: we’ve been exploring and reveling in these captivating aspects since we began taking travelers there in 1993. On this carefully crafted Group Trip, we delve into Iran’s exquisite cultural, historic, and natural offerings—spending time in important cities like Shiraz and Esfahan, as well as villages tucked into stunning desert and mountains—capturing the immense diversity of this fabled land and getting to know its openhearted people.
GeoEx's Iran was one of the most astounding trips of all. The people were warm and welcoming...I came back with a whole new view of America's relationship with Iran. This is an important trip.– CAROL A.
1 – 3
We delight in Tehran's many wonders—from Golestan Palace to museums filled with prized carpets, calligraphy, ceramics, and ancient artifacts—before flying to Tabriz.
4 – 6
Discover ancient Tabriz and the UNESCO-listed Saint Stephanos En route to Zanjan, known for silver jewelry and charoogh sandals, we stop at Takht-e Suleiman, one of Iran’s most important ancient monuments.
7 – 9
Archaeological treasures await in Bisotun and in Hamadan, set below 12,300-foot Mount Alvand Visit a former Dervish monastery and drive to Kashan—famous for its brilliantly colored carpets.
10 – 11
A road into central Iran’s desert takes you to Yazd, whose mud-brick old town is dotted with unique badgirs (wind towers) Wander the remarkable remains of Pasargadae, founded by Cyrus the Great.
12 – 14
Drive to garden-graced Shiraz and admire its sights, including the Pink Mosque and the enormous Vakil market Marvel at the ruins of Persepolis.
15 – 18
Get to know Esfahan, touring enormous Imam Square and other sensational mosques and palaces, and haggling for handicrafts at its maze-like bazaar.
19 – 20
Abyaneh, an enchanting old village, makes a welcome stop during our drive to Tehran, where you catch flights home.
Dates & Prices
09/13/21 – 10/02/21
05/07/22 – 05/26/22
10/01/22 – 10/20/22
Group Trip: From $11,275 per person
Optional Mashhad Extension (4 days): From $2,285 per person
based on double occupancy
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Top Nine GeoEx Instagram Posts of 2019Read More
Iranian Bridges and Bonds: Yeganeh and Jason Rezaian in Conversation with Don GeorgeRead More
Iran in PicturesRead More
The Splendors & Surprises of a Trip To IranRead More
Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites You May Never Have Heard OfRead More
UNESCO’s World Heritage: What It Means & Why It MattersRead More