Custom Travel | 9 Days
- Hard-to-arrange insider experiences, such as dinners with dignitaries and special access to temples
- Enjoy extra flexibility, luxury lodges of Bhutanese character, and the country’s top guides
- The highlights of western Bhutan, including Paro, Punakha, Phobjikha, and Thimphu
- Hike to the fabled Tiger’s Nest monastery, followed by a refreshing hot stone bath at Amankora
This private, customizable journey takes you inside Bhutan, revealing the kingdom’s breathtaking beauty, the spiritual generosity of its people, and its most luxurious hotels—comforts that didn’t exist when we first started exploring this glorious destination more than three decades ago. You’ll explore villages, visit with farmers and artisans, and ponder majestic hillside dzong throughout Bhutan’s western valleys, getting to know the stunning topography, unique culture, and the inhabitants’ fervent desire to preserve both. And you can lift your gaze to grand views of the Himalaya, rising like permanent white clouds floating above densely forested foothills.
What a fantastic trip! It could not have been better—we loved the itinerary, the country was even more interesting, rich, and welcoming than we had imagined, and Tsewang was the best guide we have ever had on any trip, anywhere.– ANNE L.
The historic town of Paro in western Bhutan welcomes you with views of eastern Himalayan peaks Admire the lush valley and stop into beloved dzong.
2 – 3
Journey to Punakha, Bhutan’s ancient capital Take a short hike to a storied small temple dedicated to the Divine Madman and admire Punakha's massive, river-side fortress.
4 – 5
A scenic drive to Phobjikha Valley takes you into a pine-covered mountain vale, home to wild boars, leopards, Himalayan black bears, and black-necked cranes Visit a 17th-century monastery.
Cross breathtaking Dochu La pass en route to Thimphu, Bhutan’s buzzing capital, a mix of Himalayan and Western sensibilities Guided excursions introduce you to a handicrafts school, a nunnery, and archers in action.
7 – 9
Returning to Paro, hike to the fabled Tiger’s Nest and survey the ruins of Drukyel Dzong, once critical in Bhutan's defense against Tibetan invasion Catch flights home or onward.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $10,650 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance