Custom Travel | 15 Days
- Delve into the vibrant city of Bangkok, taking in grand monuments, adorned temples, and culinary delights
- Traverse the enigmatic temple ruins at Ayutthaya, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore the hundreds of ancient temples, lotus ponds, and moats at Thailand’s first capital, Sukhothai
- Immerse yourself in Chiang Mai’s unique subculture and cuisine
- Ride through beautiful countryside, gaining a glimpse into daily life in local villages and at bustling markets
- Bathe and feed an elephant at the Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp
Thailand is a land of enchantment, from exotic native hill tribes and elaborate temples to giant Buddhas and sparkling picturesque beaches. The kingdom once known as Siam has maintained a strong ancestral and historical identity while still opening its doors to contemporary growth. Throughout this journey, you will experience this unique dichotomy that allows for a rare cultural experience coupled with modern comforts.
This trip offers a range of alluring charms encompassing the bustling city of Bangkok, the northern city of Chiang Mai with its old Lanna culture, and a unique opportunity to work with elephants and their mahouts in Chiang Rai.
1 – 3
Begin your adventure in Bangkok, Thailand’s enthralling capital A day cruising the city’s klongs (canals) brings you to Pak Klong Talad flower market, the Grand Palace, and the elaborate temples of Wat Pra Kaew, Wat Po, and Wat Arun View the impressive collection of art and antiques at the Jim Thompson House and try your hand at Thai cuisine in a cooking class.
4 – 5
Drive to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ayutthaya, Thailand’s capital from the 13th to the 17th centuries Spend nearly two full days exploring Ayutthaya’s temple ruins, palaces, and stunning Buddhas.
6 – 7
After a brief stop in Phitsanulok, continue to Sukhothai Wander the 200 ancient temples, lotus ponds, and moats that sit as silent testimony to the former wealth and prosperity of Thailand’s first capital.
8 – 10
Admire the remains of Wat Phra Si Mahathad, Wat Chang Lom, and Wat Chedi Jet Taew at the nearby historical city of Si Satchanalai A drive brings you to Chiang Mai, one of Thailand's most popular cities with its unique dialect, costumes, dances, and cuisine Explore the city’s revered temples, monuments, and energetic markets, then enjoy an excursion into the surrounding Lanna countryside.
11 – 13
Travel through scenic greenery and farmland to Chiang Rai and take in the unconventional Wat Rong Khun, known as the White Temple An unforgettable adventure awaits at the Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp, where you become a mahout’s assistant for the day and commune with the gentle giants Further explorations in the Chiang Rai area include the Hall of Opium, the famous Golden Triangle area, and artisan workshops and museums.
14 – 15
Fly to Bangkok for an overnight Depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $10,825 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- All gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance