Heart of Diversity
Custom Travel | 9 Days
- Be one of the few to explore this remote region
- Track gorillas on foot with an expert guide, who offers insight into their behaviors
- Sleep in classic safari eco-lodges, overlooking the rain forest, river, and wetlands
- Watch for forest elephants, monkeys, and hornbills
- Learn about conservation in this one-of-a-kind ecosystem
The Republic of the Congo is not your typical vacation destination, which, naturally, is one reason we’re excited to take our travelers there. An even better reason: this Central African country is one of the few places in the world where western lowland gorillas thrive in the jungly wild, and there is now a seriously comfortable (some roughing-it types would say “cushy”), responsible way to commune with our critically endangered, gentle relatives. We invite you to experience this isolated world of rain forest, sprawling savannah, and swampy grassland and its incredible wildlife.
It was wonderful to see the gorillas! But I also enjoyed the bai [swamp habitat] walk yesterday. I liked the openness of just walking through water and the environment—it was the right time of day and the lighting was beautiful.– CAROL M.
1 – 2
After overnighting in Brazzaville, fly by charter to Odzala-Kokoua National Park, renowned for its playful forest elephants and gentle western lowland gorillas, and begin your safari experience.
3 – 4
Gorilla-tracking outings on foot give you the chance to observe these lovable creatures alongside your guide, who is well versed in their habits and gestures Your base is the sustainability-minded Ngaga Camp.
5 – 6
Take a guided kayak safari followed by a walk to the edge of the savannah and Lango Camp. This cozy, tree house-inspired lodging is the perfect perch for soaking in the area's active wildlife Rain-forest walks, river excursions, and game drives may reveal grey-cheeked mangabeys, hornbills, putty-nosed monkeys, and more wildlife.
7 – 8
Travel by four-wheel-drive vehicle through forest and savannah, stopping at a colorful local village Your home for the next two nights, Mboko Camp, is situated along a lush river bank, and often visited by forest elephant and forest buffalo Watch for them on a sunset river safari.
Fly to Brazzaville and depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
Custom Trip: From $13,550 per person
based on two travelers, double occupancy; please call for individually tailored recommendations and pricing
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance