Luxury Group Travel | 12 Days
- Choose from itineraries lasting 12–22 days
- Be surrounded by penguins and watch whales and seals
- Weave through spectacular ice and sea passages
- Enjoy a comfortable ship with superior amenities, learning from scientists, experts, and lecturers
- Opt to add time in Chile and Argentina before or after your cruise
Touring Antarctica is something many fantasize about; we count ourselves lucky to be able to make so many dreams possible. These expeditions to the White Continent start at the southern tip of South America, in Ushuaia, Argentina. All of the small, ice-strengthened ships we use are quite comfortable, with expedition teams of naturalists, historians, and geologists to help make sense of the abundant wildlife and expound on human’s exploration (and exploitation) of Antarctica.
On our Antarctica trip, everything was a highlight! We saw an abundance of animals: whales (orca and humpback), penguins (chinstrap, gentoo, Adelie, and even one lone emperor), seals, and birds. Each and every expedition guide was outstanding. Their enthusiasm was infectious.– JANE C.
Heading south toward Cape Horn into the Drake Passage (notorious for its rough seas), you soon encounter pack ice and icebergs—a veritable floating sculpture garden. Birds, whales, and seals bring the skies and seas to life. Take advantage of the almost 24-hour daylight at such famous and dramatic settings as Paradise Bay, Anvers Island, King George Island, Port Lockroy, and Deception Island. You'll spend as much time as possible on the Antarctic Peninsula and the spectacular South Shetlands, going ashore by Zodiac a couple of times each day.
The longer voyages include visits to South Georgia Island—a breath-stopping, 9500-foot rock massif, populated by enormous congeries of penguins and seals—Elephant Island, and the Falkland Islands.
If you don't have the time or stomach for the Drake Passage crossing, check out our Antarctica Fly & Cruise journey.
Whichever itinerary you choose, we’re here to arrange all the details.
Dates & Prices
Departures offered November–March; request itinerary for specific dates.
12 days (with 9-night cruise): From $9,895 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Shore landings, presentations, and activities per the vessel’s daily program
- All meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of an expedition leader, lecturers/naturalists, and support staff during voyage
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance