Travel & COVID-19
THE GEOEX SAFETY NET
GeoEx is your partner in adventure. As a pioneer of travel to remote and challenging destinations since 1982, we lead the industry in providing safe, secure, and well-supported travel experiences, and in successfully navigating changes as they arise.
Your safety and well-being have always been a top priority for us at GeoEx. Caring for our staff, clients, and for the colleagues and local communities that we work with around the globe is at the core of what we do. Now, more than ever, we are uniquely positioned to provide our unwavering support as we navigate the shifting travel environment.
Together with our medical advisor, Redpoint Travel Protection, and their team of physicians and experts in international medicine, we continue to follow and maintain safety protocols based on best practices set by the CDC and WHO. While regulations and requirements continue to relax worldwide, below are some things you can expect when traveling with GeoEx.
- Traveler health: Vaccination against COVID-19 is required for all guests traveling on GeoEx group trips and may also be required for guests traveling privately. Depending on entry requirements for the destination, guests may be required to show a recent negative COVID-19 test result and / or proof of vaccination to local authorities.
- Local health: Trip leaders, guides, and drivers are vaccinated and/or tested wherever possible before meeting with travelers.
- Sanitation: Vehicles and other high-touch surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized regularly. We are working with hotels and other service providers to ensure best practices outlined by the CDC and WHO are adhered to while our guests are in their company.
- Hygiene: Hand and respiratory health are priorities, with hand sanitizer readily available, and face masks strongly recommended for travelers and staff while indoors and when physical distancing is not possible. Face masks are required for travelers and staff when mandated locally.
- Smaller groups: Unlike many other travel companies, GeoEx has always kept our group sizes to a minimum. You can expect 6–12 travelers maximum on most of our trips.
- Larger vehicles: GeoEx has always endeavored to provide a window seat for each passenger, giving travelers more breathing room, with open windows to increase ventilation whenever possible.
- Fewer flights: Where feasible, we’re opting for scenic drives in lieu of commercial air travel in the destinations we visit.
- Avoiding crowds: While many of our destinations are remote to begin with, itineraries have been adjusted towards undiscovered gems and off-peak times to allow for social distancing.
- Dining flexibility: Where available and feasible, we’re arranging al fresco meals, picnics in magnificent landscapes, and options to dine privately in the comfort of your own room.
Support for Our Travelers
We are experts at crafting extraordinary journeys to the world’s most astonishing places, but we don’t stop there. We are here from planning, through the high points and any bumps in the road, to guiding you back home, and following up on your adventures.
- Built in backup: Every GeoEx trip comes with 24/7 access to emergency assistance services, emergency medical evacuation and medical advisory services, and secondary medical expense coverage. We offer the best medical evacuation and rescue services in the industry for COVID and non-COVID medical illnesses and injuries. See our insurance page for details.
- Friends in the field: Our trip leaders and local guides are legendary. Not only do they open doors to off-limits experiences and make meaningful introductions, they are trained to handle all sorts of unexpected situations, should anything come up while you are traveling.
- Contingency plans: Working with our team of physicians at Redpoint, we have procedures in place to support any guest who falls ill during their trip.