Travel & COVID-19
THE GEOEX SAFETY NET
GeoEx is your partner in adventure. As a pioneer of travel to remote and challenging destinations since 1982, we lead the industry in providing safe, secure, and well-supported travel experiences, and in successfully navigating changes as they arise.
Your safety and well-being have always been a top priority for us at GeoEx. Caring for our staff, clients, and for the colleagues and local communities that we work with around the globe is at the core of what we do. Now, more than ever, we are uniquely positioned to provide our unwavering support as we navigate the shifting travel environment.
Together with our medical advisor, Redpoint Resolutions, and their team of physicians and experts in international medicine, we are working diligently to define and institute safety protocols based on best practices set by the CDC and WHO. Below are some things you can expect when traveling with GeoEx.
- Smaller groups: Unlike many other travel companies, GeoEx has always kept our group sizes to a minimum. You can expect 6–12 travelers maximum on most of our trips.
- Larger vehicles: Giving our travelers more breathing room, we’ve either added or upgraded vehicles for your comfort and safety.
- Fewer flights: Where feasible, we’re opting for scenic drives in lieu of commercial air travel in the destinations we visit.
- Avoiding crowds: While many of our destinations are remote to begin with, itineraries have been adjusted towards undiscovered gems and off-peak times to allow for social distancing.
- Dining flexibility: We’re arranging al fresco meals, picnics in magnificent landscapes, and options to dine privately in the comfort of your own room.
- Local health: Trip leaders, guides, and drivers will be thoroughly screened with temperature taken and tested where possible before meeting with our guests. They will always wear masks when social distancing is not possible.
- Traveler health: Depending on entry requirements for the destination, GeoEx guests may be asked to provide a recent COVID-19 test result to avoid quarantine.
- Sanitation: Vehicles and other high touch surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized regularly. We are working with hotels and other service providers to ensure best practices outlined by the CDC and WHO are adhered to while our guests are in their company.
- Hygiene: Hand and respiratory health are priorities, with hand sanitizer readily available, and face masks required for staff and guests when social distancing is not possible.
Support for Our Travelers
We are experts at crafting extraordinary journeys to the world’s most astonishing places, but we don’t stop there. We are here from planning, through the high points and any bumps in the road, to guiding you back home, and following up on your adventures.
- Built in backup: Every GeoEx trip comes with 24/7 access to emergency assistance services, emergency medical evacuation and medical advisory services, and secondary medical expense coverage (see our insurance page for details).
- Friends in the field: Our trip leaders and local guides are legendary. Not only do they open doors to off-limits experiences and make meaningful introductions, they are trained to handle all sorts of unexpected situations, should anything come up while you are traveling.
- Contingency plans: Working with our team of physicians at Redpoint, we have procedures in place to support any guest who falls ill during their trip.