Group | 15 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring
- Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan with experts: GeoEx has more than 35 years of Himalaya experience
- Enjoy insider experiences, such as a sacred drum ceremony and guided meditation
- Stay in the most luxurious accommodations available in these remote areas
- Fabled temples and epic mountain landscapes
- Join a Group Trip (no more than 16 travelers) or let us customize a private journey for you
Tucked in the high eastern Himalaya lie Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan. Explorers like Csoma de Koros, Sven Hedin, and George Mallory each managed to land in one of these far-off places, but none could claim all three. This unusual journey offers the chance to do just that—with a level of style and comfort completely foreign to those early adventurers. With expert guides to lead us, we revel in Lhasa's ancient holy sites, marvel at medieval and modern treasures of the Kathmandu Valley, and hike to fabled temples and visit artisans in Bhutan—feeling a bit like hero-explorers ourselves.
Geographic Expeditions is a top-notch travel company. I have traveled with them four times, and each trip was most memorable... My last trip was a group trip to Tibet, Bhutan, and Nepal (Himalayan Kingdoms), and then I continued on a private excursion to Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Thailand—36 days total. It was a fabulous trip.– Ruth K.
We rendezvous in Beijing, then soar over the Tibetan Plateau to Lhasa, where we take it slow, getting used to the altitude.
Guided visits to the massive Potala Palace, the Jokhang (Tibet's holiest temple), the colorful Barkhor (Lhasa's medieval bazaar), and other highlights immerse us in the country's culture and spirituality.
Fly to Nepal, taking in spectacular Mount Everest views en route Discover the Kathmandu Valley, an area so rich in history and architecture that the entire valley has earned UNESCO World Heritage Site status.
Another breathtaking flight whisks us to Bhutan Travel winding roads past rivers and terraced fields into the bucolic Thimphu and Punakha Valleys, stopping into stunning dzong, forest-tucked chorten, and craft shops.
We hike to the incomparable precipice-perched Tiger’s Nest monastery after flying back to Paro Stop into brightly painted wooden shops before departing.
Dates & Prices
4/21/18 – 5/5/18
10/27/18 – 11/10/18
From $10,250 per person (Group Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations (in superior lodgings)
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- All meals
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader (on Group Trips), local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Most gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance