A Galápagos Safari
Custom Travel | 8 Days
- Meet blue-footed boobies, centenarian tortoises, and seagoing iguanas
- Sleep in safari-inspired luxury tents on 135 private, mist-cooled acres
- Flexibility: Explore bay to cloud forest by foot, bike, kayak, and boat
- Learn from top-notch naturalist guides and savor delicious cuisine
This unusual adventure fully immerses you in the fascinating wildlife and other-worldliness of the Galápagos while keeping your nights comfortably on terra firma. Based from a sensational safari-style camp in the Santa Cruz highlands, you may feel like just another cloud-forest creature—perching in a hammock, dillydallying alongside tortoises, twittering with finches—were it not for the delectable cuisine, gracious hospitality, and infinity pool. Expert naturalists share geologic, floral, and faunal wonders as you island hop by boat, stroll beaches with sunning sea lions, snorkel with spotted eagle rays, and mountain bike to lava tunnels.
We loved almost everything about the trip. The Galápagos Safari Camp was just tremendous. I would highly recommend that to anyone as opposed to five days on a boat. The actual tents were so much fun, and the team took such good care of us. We also really bonded with the other people on the trip, so that worked out very well.– Kathleen L.
1 – 2
Overnight in Guayaquil or Quito, then fly to the Galápagos—two hours and a world away Settle into your spacious canvas lodgings, and visit lava tubes and the National Tortoise Reserve.
Yacht to North Seymour Island, uninhabited by people, but home to sea lions, pelagic birds, and a honking, preening, courting colony of blue-footed boobies.
At Garrapatero Beach on Santa Cruz Island, you're welcomed by white sand, black lava, and pink flamingos Meet tortoises at the Charles Darwin Research Station.
5 – 6
Boat to South Plaza Island, where sea lions, tropicbirds, and dolphins outnumber inhabitants by approximately infinity Back on Santa Cruz, go birding, kayak, or just soak up the equatorial sun.
7 – 8
Fly to mainland Ecuador and spend the evening roaming Guayaquil or Quito Depart for home or further South America exploring.
Dates & Prices
12/18/21 – 12/25/21 **
12/23/21 – 12/30/21 **
12/18/22 – 12/25/22 **
12/19/22 – 12/26/22 **
Additional dates offered year-round
**Reserved Tents/Family Suite available for select holiday dates through GeoEx. Please call for availability and pricing.
Standard eight-day trip: From $6,975 per adult and $6,475 per child (under 12)
based on double or triple occupancy
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Where GeoEx Travel Experts Are Dreaming of Going in 2021Read More
The Galápagos Are Open to Travelers: Here’s What You Need to KnowRead More
The Priceless Gifts of Family TravelRead More
Giving Back Around the WorldRead More
10 Galápagos SurprisesRead More
Crossing Borders: Eight Memorable AdventuresRead More