A Galápagos Safari
Private Travel | 8 Days
Private Ready-to-Book Journeys
These carefully curated journeys save you precious planning time without sacrificing any of the travel expertise and in-country connections you’d expect from GeoEx.
- Land-based Galápagos adventure in safari-inspired luxury tents
- Meet blue-footed boobies, centenarian tortoises, and seagoing iguanas
- From beach to cloud forest by vehicle, foot, bike, kayak, and boat
- Uninhabited islands, lava tubes, volcanic craters, and local farms
- Coastal exploration with local fishermen, sharing their knowledge
This unusual adventure fully immerses you in the fascinating wildlife and other-worldliness of the Galápagos while keeping your nights comfortably on land. Based at a sensational safari-style camp in the Santa Cruz highlands, you may feel like just another cloud-forest creature—perching in a hammock, dillydallying alongside tortoises, twittering with finches—were it not for the delectable cuisine, gracious hospitality, and infinity pool. Explore geologic, floral, and faunal wonders as you island-hop by boat, stroll beaches with sunning sea lions, snorkel with spotted eagle rays, and mountain bike to lava tunnels.
We loved almost everything about the trip. The Galápagos Safari Camp was just tremendous. I would highly recommend that to anyone as opposed to five days on a boat. The actual tents were so much fun, and the team took such good care of us. We also really bonded with the other people on the trip, so that worked out very well.– Kathleen L.
1 – 2
Overnight in Guayaquil, then fly to the Galápagos—two hours and a world away Settle into your spacious canvas lodgings and visit lava tubes and the National Tortoise Reserve.
3 – 4
Yacht to a nearby island, uninhabited by people, but home to wildlife such as sea lions, pelagic birds, or a honking, preening, courting colony of blue-footed boobies Join local fishermen to discover the coastal waters of Santa Cruz.
6 – 6
At Garrapatero Beach on Santa Cruz Island, you're welcomed by white sand, black lava, and pink flamingos Explore a second uninhabited island, where you may meet marine iguanas, penguins, or see dolphins frolicking offshore.
7 – 8
Fly to mainland Ecuador and spend the evening roaming Guayaquil Depart for home or further South America exploring.
Dates & Prices
12/18/22 – 12/25/22 **
12/19/22 – 12/26/22 **
Private Trips offered year-round—just choose your dates and confirm.
Private Trip: $7,525 per adult and $6,975 per child (under 12)
Private Trip: $7,915 per adult and $7,325 per child (under 12)
based on double or triple occupancy
**Reserved Tents/Family Suite available for select holiday dates through GeoEx.
12/18-25: $8,965 per person in Safari Tent
12/19-26: $48,695 for 4 guests/ $54,890 for 6 guests in the Family Suite with exclusive boat
- All accommodations
- Most meals
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Where Global Travel Experts Are Going in 2022Read More
Where to Go in 2022: Our Expert PicksRead More
Galápagos Family Adventure: The Trip That Changed Our LivesRead More
The Galápagos Are Open to Travelers: Here’s What You Need to KnowRead More
Where GeoEx Travel Experts Are Dreaming of Going in 2021Read More
The Priceless Gifts of Family TravelRead More