Costa Rica Discovery
Custom Travel | 10 Days
- Custom Costa Rica adventure in Monteverde & the Osa Peninsula
- Rain forest, cloud forest, and coastal biodiversity
- Outdoor adventures: hiking, paddleboarding, and kayaking
- Conservation-focused sea turtle and reforestation fun
- Wildlife watching: tree frogs, toucans, sloths, monkeys
- Scenic short flights, and luxurious eco-lodges
Costa Rica is a natural paradise unsurpassed in wildlife and adventure. We’ve been delighting in its diversity and surprises for some 20 years and have designed this exhilarating adventure where sustainability and conservation are a large part of the fun. Active excursions, such as surfing Pacific waves and night walks in the rain forest are interspersed with freeing sea turtles, gathering data about cetaceans, and harvesting coffee and sugar cane on a local farm. We tie this Costa Rica trip together with easy scenic flights, overnights at exquisite eco-lodges, and ample relaxation time.
The trip had the perfect combination of restful luxury, kid fun, and educational adventure! Every transitional link in the trip—be it lodging, waterfall rappelling, vehicular transportation, internal airfare—went without a hitch. We never waited or scratched our heads or had to call someone... Every reservation was perfect... We felt incredibly well cared for.– CAROL S.
1 – 2
Touch down in San José Drive to Monteverde to experience regional farming practices in action with hands-on participation in coffee and sugar cane harvesting.
Look for hummingbirds, butterflies, monkeys, and sloths in the orchid-laden Monteverde Cloud Forest, home to the rare resplendant quetzal Switch on your flashlight for a tantalizing nighttime walk in the jungle.
4 – 6
A scenic flight to the lesser-visited Osa Peninsula transports you to untouched beaches and tropical rain forest A host of activities include naturalist-led birding, surf lessons, night hikes, and baby sea turtle release with conservationists.
7 – 10
A boat whisks you to your Golfo Dulce eco-lodge for snorkeling and mangrove kayaking Look out for dolphins and humpback whales in the Golfo Dulce and ramble through the rain forest keeping an eye out for scarlet macaws and white-faced monkeys Fly to San José for homeward flights.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered in season.
Custom Trip: From $8,800 per person
estimate based on two travelers, sharing a room
- All accommodations
- Most meals
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance