Costa Rica Discovery
Private Travel | 9 Days
Private Ready-to-Book Journeys
These carefully curated journeys save you precious planning time without sacrificing any of the travel expertise and in-country connections you’d expect from GeoEx.
- Private Costa Rica adventure in Monteverde & the Osa Peninsula
- Rain forest, cloud forest, and coastal biodiversity
- Outdoor adventures: hiking, paddleboarding, and kayaking
- Conservation-focused sea turtle and reforestation fun
- Wildlife watching: tree frogs, toucans, sloths, monkeys
- Scenic short flights, and luxurious eco-lodges
Costa Rica is a natural paradise unsurpassed in wildlife and adventure. We’ve been delighting in its diversity and surprises for some 20 years and have designed this exhilarating adventure where sustainability and conservation are a large part of the fun. Active excursions, such as surfing Pacific waves and night walks in the rain forest are interspersed with freeing sea turtles, gathering data about cetaceans, and planting mangrove seeds to combat deforestation. We tie it all together with easy scenic flights, overnights at exquisite eco-lodges, and ample relaxation time.
The trip had the perfect combination of restful luxury, kid fun, and educational adventure! Every transitional link in the trip—be it lodging, waterfall rappelling, vehicular transportation, internal airfare—went without a hitch. We never waited or scratched our heads or had to call someone... Every reservation was perfect... We felt incredibly well cared for.– CAROL S.
1 – 2
Touch down in San José Drive to Monteverde Institute for an introduction to sustainability and conservation practices in the cloud forest Participate in a reforestation program and enjoy a garden-to-table lunch.
Look for hummingbirds, butterflies, monkeys, and sloths in the orchid-laden Monteverde Cloud Forest, home to the rare resplendant quetzal Switch on your flashlight for a tantalizing nighttime walk in the jungle.
4 – 6
A scenic flight to the lesser-visited Osa Peninsula transports you to untouched beaches and tropical rain forest A host of activities include naturalist-led birding, surf lessons, night hikes, and baby sea turtle release with conservationists.
7 – 9
A boat whisks you to your Golfo Dulce eco-lodge for snorkeling and mangrove kayaking Gather data on dolphin populations with biologists and ramble through the rain forest keeping an eye out for scarlet macaws and white-faced monkeys Fly to San José for homeward flights.
Dates & Prices
Private Trips offered in season—just choose your dates and confirm.
Private Trip: $7,325 per person
Private Trip: $8,075 per person
based on double occupancy
- All accommodations
- Most meals
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance